Announcement: TortoiseGit 2.1 released

Sven Strickroth

Mar 25, 2016, 9:55:21 PM3/25/16
to tortoisegi...@googlegroups.com, tortoise...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

we're pround to announce TortoiseGit 2.1. This is mainly a bugfix release.

We thank all bug reporters, testers and translators for their help!

You can check for updates using the settings or the about dialog
(recommended) - or you can download the release here:
https://tortoisegit.org/download/

If you are running Git < 2.7.4 it is recommended to upgrade, too, due to
security issues: https://git-for-windows.github.io/

A note for users of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003: This version
does not support these systems any more.

Changes since 2.0:
== Changes ==
* We disabled the stripping of comments on commit messages by default
again (see issue #2715) We're sorry for all the trouble we caused
with this change, we haven't expected that.

== Features ==
* Update PuTTY to 0.67
* Fixed issue #2733: Hide commit button after file add when invoked
from commit dialog
* Fixed issue #2734: When pull.rebase is set, start rebase just after
fetch, not after OK button
* Fixed issue #2731: Improved autolist.txt regex for C# files
* Update libgit2 to 0.24.0
* Update Scintilla to 3.6.4

== Bug Fixes ==
* Fixed issue #2719: Commit & Push in CommitDlg doesn't respect
default remote and pushbranch settings
* Fixed issue #1902: CommitDlg: Do not lose SQUASH_MSG contents
* Fixed issue #2732: Commit dialog: Message field should have focus
(when patch is shown)
* Fixed issue #2730: Pull with rebase with preserve merges not working
for noops
* Fixed issue #2728: Cherry Pick is not working in case of conflict
and empty message
* Fixed issue #2715: Cannot commit with a commit message starting with
a hash (#) character
* Updated libgit to 2.5.5 which includes fixes for CVE-2016-2315 and
CVE-2016-2324
* Fix the the credential helper settings dialog

--
Best regards,
Sven Strickroth