Digging Up Actions for Urban Ag Feb 7

Toronto Urban Growers

Feb 6, 2023, 10:43:09 AM2/6/23
to Toronto Urban Growers
Hello TUGgers,

Just a reminder, if you haven't signed up for tomorrow night's advocacy for urban agriculture conversation, there's still time!

Let's dig up the best ways to work for policies that allow more people to grow more food across the city!

We want to hear your priorities. What are our best opportunities for increasing support for urban agriculture? What strategies will be the most effective? What actions will you take?

Tuesday, February 7, 7:00-8:30

Please register for the Zoom link at https://forms.gle/jFfd6JvMFvWo1hK9A

What are some of the opportunities we see so far?
  • Creating stronger ties to other movements: fighting climate change, challenging anti-Black racism, working for reconcili-action with Indigenous peoples
  • Taking the Urban HensTO pilot city-wide
  • New city councillors elected
  • Neighbouring municipalities with urban agriculture strategies
  • The continuing fight to protect farmland from Bill 23
  • And more...
If you didn't renew your TUG membership in 2022, you can still do so here https://forms.gle/Uj55yPQV9kUBSaR6A. There is no cost to becoming a member.

Looking forward to seeing you on February 7!

Rhonda, Joe and James
--

in...@torontourbangrowers.org

www.torontourbangrowers.org

@TOurbangrowers

TUG would like to acknowledge that the land on which we work is the historical territory of the Wendat, Anishinaabe, Haudenosaunee and, most recently, the Mississaugas of the Credit River nations. We encourage anyone who lives and works in Tkaronto (Toronto) to think about our responsibilities to this land and water, and to the peoples who have cared for this place for thousands of years.

TUG resources for reconcili-action

Arlene Hazzan Green

Feb 6, 2023, 3:04:58 PM2/6/23
to torontour...@gmail.com, Toronto Urban Growers
Looking forward to connecting with you all!!

Arlene Hazzan Green (she/her)
CEO/Garden Designer
44 Columbus Ave.
Toronto, Ontario M6R 1S2