Looking for Gardening Enthusiasts - Volunteer Opportunity

Withrow Market

Sep 15, 2021, 9:19:29 AM9/15/21
to toronto-ur...@googlegroups.com, Withrow Volunteers

Hello T.O. Growers!

Withrow Park Farmers Market is currently looking for volunteers to help at our community seed library as "Seed Librarians" at the market on Saturdays. The seed library allows community members to give, take and share seeds with one another while also helping to promote urban agriculture, pollinator-friendly habits and biodiversity! Our community seed library has been such a great success this season that we would love to have some extra hands on deck, especially as seed harvesting is ramping up!

The Seed Librarian will be responsible for receiving seed donations, assuring they are labelled and packaged correctly and engaging in conversations about seeds and gardening with patrons.

There are two shifts per Saturday; the morning shift from 8am-11:15am and the afternoon shift from 10:45am-2pm. We are currently looking for people for the following dates:

  • September 18
  • September 25
  • October 2
  • October 9
  • October 16

Please email our volunteer coordinator, Melissa, if you are interested in the role and we'd be happy to discuss more! If you are not able to volunteer but know someone who may enjoy this opportunity, please have them reach out to Melissa at withrowv...@gmail.com.

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you!

Fruitfully,

Chantal Stepa | Market Manager

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedInNewsletter
🎉  Celebrating 15 years of connecting community to good food! 🎉
Every Saturday - June 5 to October 16 - 9am to 1pm - rain or shine!