Fwd: Agri-Tech Training Opportunities

Rhonda Teitel-Payne

Jun 19, 2024, 8:01:31 AMJun 19
to Toronto Urban Growers
Forwarded message:

I'm Sarah O'Neill, the Communications Director of the Nobleton-King City Garden Club. I'm reaching out to share some Agri-Tech opportunities for youth and adults across York Region that I am supporting with as a Program Coordinator at STEM Minds and Boreal Farms.

Through the Skills Development Fund, supported by the Ontario government, we're offering some free programs for anyone aged 15+:
https://www.stemminds.com/skills-development-fund-the-future-of-food-and-farming-innovations-in-horticulture-and-indoor-agriculture/

1) Monthly Skill-Building Community Nights are being hosted at one of two locations - Boreal Farms in King City and STEM Minds in Aurora. (See details attached/linked below)
- Our next community night is on Wednesday, July 3rd, from 5:30 to 7:00 pm at Boreal Farms in King City:
https://www.stemminds.com/product/agri-tech-community-nights-2024-2025/

2) AgriTech Summer Camp will be held throughout July, hosted at Boreal Farms in King. This is not your typical summer camp; we will work with robots, drones and machine learning vision equipment to immerse participants in hands-on experience using different technologies that are helping farmers steward their land more efficiently and accurately.
https://www.stemminds.com/product/agri-tech-summer-camp-2024/

If you have any questions, please let me know! Thank you and happy planting 🌱

Kind regards,
Sarah O'Neill (she/her)
Agri Tech Free Community Nights - Stem Minds - July 3, 2024 - SM2024.png