Help 'Plant A Seed' Today! Support our campaign, June 2nd - June 9th

Sashoya Simpson

Jun 5, 2024, 3:08:01 PMJun 5
to Toronto Urban Growers

Plant a seed (2).png

It’s June and we’re excited to share that our ‘Plant a Seed’ campaign is back!

Throughout the years, the Jane-Finch community has been undergoing many changes. Some of these include the Finch LRT, malls slated for redevelopment, displacement of low-income residents due to housing demolitions, condo development and the continuous inflation of food prices in grocery stores.

For a neighbourhood which houses 29% of low-income residents compared to the city-wide of 20%, having access to fresh organic produce, at affordable prices, is a growing necessity.

Black Creek Community Farm is dedicated to making our fresh, locally grown produce and enriching educational programs accessible to low-income families in our community while promoting sustainable agricultural practices.

We’re a small team, but with your support, we can create a big impact! As one Urban Harvest Community Food Workshop participant attests:

“The workshop's focus on community engagement, inclusivity, and affordability is particularly commendable, especially with the rising cost of food. As a resident of a low-income community, I appreciate the practical strategies shared… The empowering atmosphere of this workshop left me feeling well equipped and motivated to share this knowledge with my friends, family, and neighbours that I hope will create a ripple effect of change.”

The goal of our Plant a Seed campaign is to raise funds to help cover the cost of critical operational expenses, essential equipment, and core community program offerings.

As a non-profit organization, we rely heavily on the support of donors like you to continue our important work. No matter the size of your donation, your contribution will enable us to offer quality programming for children, youth and seniors and to lay the foundations of a more equitable and sustainable future for our community.

“If I weren’t coming to the Seniors Program, I would have to stay home. I don’t feel happy being home. I want to be amongst people.”

- Benmattee Persaud, Jane-Finch Senior

To show your support, please click below to donate!*

Link: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/m/73569

We need YOU to reach our goal.

*Tax receipts available for donations of $10 or more.

Warm regards

Sashoya Simpson