Last day to fill out urban hens survey!

Toronto Urban Growers

Feb 7, 2023, 7:53:12 AM2/7/23
to Toronto Urban Growers
TIME SENSITIVE REQUEST from Lorraine Johnson:
Please consider voicing support for legalizing hens in Toronto! It takes just a few minutes to fill in this survey: toronto.ca/UrbanHensTO
Deadline for filling in the survey is end of day Tuesday, February 7th.
A decision on the hen issue has been deferred many times by the City in order to do more research and get more feedback. It's crucial that Councillors hear loud and clear that expanding the hen program to all wards in the City, as well as considering community hens on a case-by-case basis, is an issue of equity, food security and food sovereignty.
NB: The survey isn't open to people who have been part of the UrbanHensTO project. Everyone else's voices are needed!

--

in...@torontourbangrowers.org

www.torontourbangrowers.org

@TOurbangrowers

TUG would like to acknowledge that the land on which we work is the historical territory of the Wendat, Anishinaabe, Haudenosaunee and, most recently, the Mississaugas of the Credit River nations. We encourage anyone who lives and works in Tkaronto (Toronto) to think about our responsibilities to this land and water, and to the peoples who have cared for this place for thousands of years.

TUG resources for reconcili-action