Urban Ag Week is one month away!

Toronto Urban Growers

Aug 11, 2021, 3:23:25ā€ÆPM8/11/21
to Toronto Urban Growers
Hello TUGgers,

It's an uncertain time, but we are starting to get a taste of seeing each other safely in outdoor spaces again! This means it's extra special to announce Urban Ag Week 2021 this September 11-19. Supporting each other through the pandemic, working towards a more just city and responding to the climate crisis - it's even more important to celebrate and promote growing food in Toronto.

Here's how you can get involved!

1. Nine days of city-wide events - register yours!

If you're organizing a garden tour, open house, workshop, webinar or harvest party you can have your event listed on the UAWeekTO website. Events can be in-person (following COVID-19 safety guidelines) or online.Ā

You can use this easy form to register:Ā https://forms.gle/TuYeyyJryji7nxJ89

If you don't have a Zoom account and want to doĀ an online event, TUG can offer ours on a limited basis. Please ask for details.

See events from the last four years for inspiration!Ā  Ā https://uaweekto.wordpress.com/

2. Enter the Best in GrowTO Contest and Veggie Derby Ā

The Best in GrowTO urban-style agriculture contest is online again this year! Deadline for entries is September 9, winners will be announced at an online event on September 19.

https://uaweekto.wordpress.com/best-in-growto-contest-2021/

VD with scale.jpg

New this year!! The Veggie Derby is a race to grow as much food as we can for donating to community food programs.Ā

During Urban Ag Week we're asking growers to donate produce and track the harvest. See the details (and some really fun graphics by Tiffany Lauren) atĀ https://uaweekto.wordpress.com/veggie-derby/

3. Spread the word!

Of course there's lots of info onĀ https://uaweekto.wordpress.com/Ā but we also have Facebook event pages and Instagram posts to share - look for @TOurbangrowers.

https://fb.me/e/jXmBCpVy3 FB UA Week

https://fb.me/e/1rfmVTdg5Ā FB Best in GrowTO

https://fb.me/e/LcYz4GCwĀ FB Veggie DerbyĀ

Please drop references to Urban Ag Week whenever you can and use #iGrowTO.

Community_benefits_1_c.png

Cheers to our new partner - Toronto Community Benefits Network!

As leaders in working for sustainable and inclusive economies, TCBN is a natural outreach partner for UA Week. See their work atĀ  https://www.communitybenefits.ca/Ā and stay tuned to hear more about this exciting connection.

Hope to see you at a UA Week event soon!

RhondaĀ

veggie derby flyer.jpg
UA Week poster 2021.jpg
BiGTO 2021 flyer.jpg

Rhonda Teitel-Payne

Aug 27, 2021, 9:24:17ā€ÆAM8/27/21
to Toronto Urban Growers
Hello TUGgers,

We'll start posting UA week events next week, so don't forget to send us your flyers or info for:
  • Garden tours (live or virtual)
  • Workshops or webinars
  • Work beesĀ
  • Harvest partiesĀ
  • Prepping or preserving garden harvest
Events can be in-person (following COVID-19 safety guidelines) or online.Ā
September 11-19

You can use this easy form to register:Ā https://forms.gle/TuYeyyJryji7nxJ89Ā or just send us a flyer.Ā

Please share info for the Best in GrowTO Contest and Veggie Derby Ā

BiGTO 2021 logo with melons.jpg