The planar stochastic heat equation and the directed landscape

Bálint

Nov 18, 2022, 2:30:14 PM11/18/22
to N:
Dear All,

On Monday, November 21, 2:10 pm, in room 210 of the Fields Institute,

I will give a talk on our recent work with Jeremy and Alejandro Ramirez.

Best wishes,

Balint

The planar stochastic heat equation and the directed landscape

The planar SHE describes heat flow or random polymers on an
inhomogeneous surface. It is a finite-temperature version of planar
first passage percolation such as the Eden growth model.

It is the first model with plane symmetries for which we can show
convergence to the directed landscape.

The methods use a Skorokhod integral representation and Gaussian
multiplicative chaos on path space. Joint work with Jeremy Quastel and
Alejandro Ramirez.