seminar tomorrow Monday Oct 31, Fields 210 from 2:10-3:00pm

Benjamin Landon

Oct 30, 2022, 4:46:25 PM10/30/22
to Toronto Probability Seminar
Hi all,

Tomorrow we will have a seminar at Fields 210 from 2:10-3:00pm. The speaker is Alon Ivtsan. Title and abstract are below

Title: Positive speed of the tagged particle for modified exclusion process on the one dimensional integer lattice

Abstract:  Kipnis and Varadhan et al. proved that the tagged particle for non- nearest neighbour symmetric exclusion process on the one dimensional integer lattice has positive speed provided condition H-1 holds and a strengthening of one part of condition H-1 also holds. We extend the result to a model in which only the tagged particle jumps either one or two steps, while all the others perform nearest neighbour jumps, assuming both condition H-1 and a variant of the additional condition used by Kipnis and Varadhan hold.