interested in hs'ing

naomi

Jun 5, 2009, 12:01:16 AM6/5/09
to Toronto Jewish Homeschoolers
Hi,
I am new to google groups, this being the first group I have joined,
so I'm not quite sure If I am posting in the correct space. I
currently have my oldest daughter in grade one and three little girls
under her at home. I am very interested in home schooling, but was
never able to find a jewish toronto group. I spent time researching
groups and found many christian based ones and then only out of town
jewish groups- so I'm very excited at the prospect of a Toronto based
group. The concept that draws me to HS'ing is being with my children,
I have found it hard to hand my daughters over for 7 hours a day to a
school. I have toyed with the idea of home schooling or unschooling
but never felt brave enough on my own. At other times, I consider
putting my girls in for one subject. Either the hebrew or english, and
thereby giving them just 3 hours a day in a structured school
setting.
I'm happy to be on board here.
Naomi

da...@rogers.com

Jun 5, 2009, 8:53:12 AM6/5/09
to Toronto Jewish Homeschoolers
Hi Naomi,

So great you found us! I look forward to hearing more, and perhaps
working together in the future. We're excited also to be launching
into this possibility for all of us, and so far the responses have
been so interesting. Yes, we are also open to the possibility of
mixing curriculums with formal study as the kids get older, and our
desire it to have them be ready and preferrably ahead of whatever
class we may put them into. Just a quick response for now, have to get
going.

All the best,
Ellie.