Forum for the kids to chat as well?

1 view

Shira

Jun 5, 2009, 8:59:36 AM6/5/09
to Toronto Jewish Homeschoolers
Hi,
I know I said I couldn't type much with one hand... but my mind keeps
running with ideas.

So, I was thinking... i don't know how many older kids there will be
in this group... but one of the delights of hs'ing is the self-
empowerment kids gain from being in charge of their own learning...
and I think it would be wonderful for the kids who are old enough to
have a place to chat and exchange ideas, or work on projects, as
well. Perhaps to share this google group, or at some point set up a
second group for the kids?

what do you think?
Shira

da...@rogers.com

Jun 5, 2009, 2:07:04 PM6/5/09
to Toronto Jewish Homeschoolers
I love the idea Shira, and totally worth looking into making something
like this. I think with this site, we are more focussing on ages 2 - 6
or so, mostly because we're looking to start something together, but
I'm totally open to making it available to older kids who are already
homeschooling, I would love to hear their comments and experiences
that would for sure inform us with younger kids on what works and what
doesn't. Maybe if it really takes off we will build an offshoot branch
for the older kids, that is accessible to members of this forum also.
Wdyt?

Shira

Jun 5, 2009, 4:45:58 PM6/5/09
to Toronto Jewish Homeschoolers