May meeting?

Boris Rozinov

May 24, 2019, 12:41:16 PM5/24/19
to Toronto Haskell User Group
Hello, is there meeting next Tuesday?

Thanks,
Boris

Alexandre Karpov

May 24, 2019, 3:29:38 PM5/24/19
to toronto...@googlegroups.com
Good question; is there suppose to be one? I just joined the group, not yet aware of the regular calendar )

Yawar Amin

May 25, 2019, 12:43:42 PM5/25/19
to Toronto Haskell User Group
Nowadays I think the community is meeting via the Haskell Toronto Meetup, e.g. here's the one for May 31st (Friday): http://meetu.ps/e/GNmzB/knMSY/f

dann toliver

May 25, 2019, 1:01:40 PM5/25/19
to Toronto Haskell User Group
This group still meets periodically, but unfortunately we'll be skipping again this month. We generally gather on the fourth Tuesday of the month.

As Yawar mentioned there's a Haskell group on meetup.com now, which is also a great place for Haskellers to gather. As a rough comparison that one tends to be a little more practitioner-focused and this group tends to be a little more theory-focused, but that's not a hard and fast rule.

Dann

Alexandre Karpov

May 25, 2019, 2:59:42 PM5/25/19
to toronto...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dann,
Yes I saw the group on Meetup and signed up the next day after joining this list. Your explanation of the difference of the aims of the two makes sense.