Weekend boardgames!

Al

Jan 31, 2012, 1:46:25 PM1/31/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
E.g. post a date/time/location/board game(s) and if people are free &
interested, they can show up!

I hear that snakes and lattes has an overwhelming choice of boardgames
and it's therefore better to come with a vague idea of games you would
want to play.

Eris B

Jan 31, 2012, 2:19:46 PM1/31/12
to toronto-h...@googlegroups.com
Snakes & Lattes is amazing, but there aren't as many games that 6+ people can play. And there can be a bit of a wait for a table on the weekend. That said, I am game!
;)
Eris

Sent from my e-butler

Al

Jan 31, 2012, 2:22:31 PM1/31/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
Hmmm well I have apples 2 apples which I can bring anywhere and can be
played with lots of people :)

On Jan 31, 2:19 pm, Eris B <eris.budzin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Snakes & Lattes is amazing, but there aren't as many games that 6+ people can play. And there can be a bit of a wait for a table on the weekend. That said, I am game!
> ;)
> Eris
>
> Sent from my e-butler

Kendra Ainsworth

Jan 31, 2012, 2:31:09 PM1/31/12
to toronto-h...@googlegroups.com
I have not been to Snakes & Lattes, but every time I walk past it seems really busy. The Holy Oak Cafe @ Bloor and Lansdowne is a cool place to hang out, and they have a stash of board games you can borrow.....I also am happy to bring scrabble and/ or boggle (word nerd alert). I usually work Saturdays though, so I would only be able to do Saturday evening or Sunday during the day. Keep me posted though!

Kendra (loudmouthgirl)

Megan Patterson

Jan 31, 2012, 2:32:59 PM1/31/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
A Sunday could be nice because it might not be as busy?

On Jan 31, 2:31 pm, Kendra Ainsworth <kendra.ainswo...@gmail.com>

Alia Bye

Jan 31, 2012, 2:33:14 PM1/31/12
to toronto-h...@googlegroups.com, kendra.a...@gmail.com

Disgraceland on bloor near ossington also has board games and big booths.

Jan 31, 2012, 2:36:02 PM1/31/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
I'm definitely down for Sundays. Also Scribblish is one of my fave
games! Although sadly I don't own it.

It's true that most board games are 4 person. But I don't think that's
a problem, because

a) if not a lot of people can make it, well, you really only need 4
(or not even) to make an event

b) if more people than that can make it, you can set up multiple
booths playing different games and switch things around throughout the
afternoon or whatever

I'm happy to aim for something on Feb 19th although I realize this is
a lot of socializing in one week ... lol

Megan Patterson

Jan 31, 2012, 2:57:03 PM1/31/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
I don't own it either, but maybe if I see it I will get it (if it's
not too expensive. Board games are so expensive!). The 19th would work
for me (I am pretty sure).

Rebecca

Jan 31, 2012, 9:27:58 PM1/31/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
Snakes and Lattes is always crowded except in the early afternoons...
I think that your ideas about getting together in a different place,
esp. the holy oak, are awesome.

On Jan 31, 2:57 pm, Megan Patterson <2700lesbianspo...@gmail.com>

Al

Jan 31, 2012, 9:39:09 PM1/31/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
Alright let's go with holy oak on sunday feb 19th to start - guessing
it will be late afternoon or whatever time works for people

Megan Patterson

Feb 16, 2012, 2:21:36 PM2/16/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
Is this still happening? What time/what is Holy Oaks' address?

Al

Feb 16, 2012, 7:29:56 PM2/16/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
I'm still available and excited about it! Let's say 2:30, it appears
to be at 1241 bloor street.

I'm open to alternate times! Also, the day after is a holiday so no
excuses people~!

On Feb 16, 2:21 pm, Megan Patterson <2700lesbianspo...@gmail.com>

Megan Patterson

Feb 16, 2012, 7:49:05 PM2/16/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
Yes! I can actually go because of holiday/not having a design
assignment this week! 2:30 sounds good, and thank you for the address.
I will try and bring Hello Kitty Uno, I just have to find where I put
it!

Kyla Jemison

Feb 16, 2012, 9:23:52 PM2/16/12
to toronto-h...@googlegroups.com
I can bring Apples to Apples or Ticket to Ride - any preferences? And/or Bananagrams, if people are into word games.

Kendra Ainsworth

Feb 16, 2012, 9:43:14 PM2/16/12
to toronto-h...@googlegroups.com
I'm still in, although I can't make it til a bit later in the afternoon - am going to a performance at the Power Plant. See you there!

Kendra

Rebecca Pardo

Feb 19, 2012, 10:46:40 AM2/19/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
Hi everyone,

I'll be there too :)

Rebecca

On Feb 16, 9:43 pm, Kendra Ainsworth <kendra.ainswo...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> [...]
> >     <mailto:wombat.b...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> >     > > > > > > I'm definitely down for Sundays. Also Scribblish is
> >     one of my fave
> >     > > > > > > games! Although sadly I don't own it.
>
> >     > > > > > > It's true that most board games are 4 person. But I
> >     don't think that's
> >     > > > > > > a problem, because
>
> >     > > > > > > a) if not a lot of people can make it, well, you
> >     really only need 4
> >     > > > > > > (or not even) to make an event
>
> >     > > > > > > b) if more people than that can make it, you can set
> >     up multiple
> >     > > > > > > booths playing different games and switch things
> >     around throughout the
> >     > > > > > > afternoon or whatever
>
> >     > > > > > > I'm happy to aim for something on Feb 19th although I
> >     realize this is
> >     > > > > > > a lot of socializing in one week ... lol

Al

Feb 19, 2012, 2:27:44 PM2/19/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
hey guys, heading out now. i feel like i'm going to be wandering
around like a lost puppy so if you see someone in a pink hat, it is
probably me! if i don't see anybody, i'm going to chill with my kobo
while i wait, so i should be easily recognizable ... hopefully!

2700lesbianspoons

Feb 19, 2012, 2:44:13 PM2/19/12
to toronto-h...@googlegroups.com
I'm there. But I don't see anyone w/board games! Or a kobo.

Al

Feb 20, 2012, 6:28:43 PM2/20/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
hey! sorry, there was a group of us there by about 3 playing
bananagrams among other games. we should have made a sign or
something ... sorry we missed ya

On Feb 19, 2:44 pm, 2700lesbianspoons <2700lesbianspo...@gmail.com>