drinks- week of April 12

Elena Potter

Mar 2, 2012, 1:51:16 PM3/2/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
Hi gals,

Let's settle on a date for our next happy-hour Pinup!

At our gathering at No One Writes to the Colonel, we had the thought
of trying to get Edith to post an announcement on the hairpin site
proper, because lots of Toronto hairpin gals seemed to be commenting
saying they felt out of the loop. Once we decide on a time/place, I'll
send her an email with just such a request.

Last time, 5:30/6ish seemed to be a good start time for most folks.
April 12 is a thursday, April 13 is a friday (spooky!) so would either
of those two days work?

Is the college/bathurst area still convenient? if so, I vote Nirvana.
I used to work there (many moons ago) and I miss that place ;)

Elena

Al

Mar 2, 2012, 2:44:27 PM3/2/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
I'm in! I second Nirvana, that place makes amazing quesadillas.

I vote for April 12th the Thursday! Good call on getting something
posted on the front page, maybe not everybody knows about the google
group? :( not sure how to publicize that more! I think meet ups did
better when they had the little pictures and reminders on the main
page, but I guess we can't have everything in life

Siva Vijenthira

Mar 2, 2012, 3:14:03 PM3/2/12
to toronto-h...@googlegroups.com
I emailed Edith and we talked about a weekly Hairpin post where everyone can advertise upcoming pinups in the comments. Hope we get a good crowd... and if we do, Nirvana's perfect for large groups!

Elena Potter

Mar 6, 2012, 2:37:52 PM3/6/12
to toronto-h...@googlegroups.com
ok sounds good! Siva you're way ahead of me—terrific.
Nirvana it is, Thurs April 12 it is.
Elena

emma alter

Mar 22, 2012, 6:51:15 PM3/22/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
Hello everybody! Newish Toronto 'pinner here. I would love to join you
guys and am down with anywhere/anywhen.

On Mar 6, 3:37 pm, Elena Potter <elena.pot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ok sounds good! Siva you're way ahead of me—terrific.
> Nirvana it is, Thurs April 12 it is.
> Elena
>
> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Siva Vijenthira
> <siva.vijenth...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > I emailed Edith and we talked about a weekly Hairpin post where everyone
> > can advertise upcoming pinups in the comments. Hope we get a good crowd...
> > and if we do, Nirvana's perfect for large groups!

Elena Potter

Mar 23, 2012, 8:57:05 AM3/23/12
to toronto-h...@googlegroups.com, Toronto Hairpinners
Hi Emma!
Sounds fab. I think it's shaping up to be Nirvana (college/Bathurst) on April 12. Last time 5:30 seemed to work for people-- a few of us work not too far away.

Elena

Amanda

Apr 7, 2012, 6:20:03 PM4/7/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
Hello everyone,
Like Emma, I'm new to T.O. Would it be already if I came out as well?

Amanda

Elena Potter

Apr 7, 2012, 9:55:53 PM4/7/12
to toronto-h...@googlegroups.com, Toronto Hairpinners
Hi Amanda,
Of course! All are welcome. See you on the 12th...

Al

Apr 8, 2012, 11:24:56 PM4/8/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
Yahhh the more the merrier!! we gotta make ourselves stand out
somehow, this seems to be the key problem at these events! btw I had
quesadillas at nirvana on friday man they are good.

I will definitely be there, I work super close and will most likely
need/want a stiff drink!

On Apr 7, 9:55 pm, Elena Potter <elena.pot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Amanda,
> Of course! All are welcome. See you on the 12th...

Ell

Apr 9, 2012, 8:50:33 AM4/9/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
Hello everyone!

I will likely be another newbie joining you this week as well. Dizzy
with excitement at the prospect of new TO friends!

Ell

Elena Potter

Apr 9, 2012, 11:08:14 AM4/9/12
to toronto-h...@googlegroups.com
Hooray!
As for stand-out-ability, I think last time our sign on the table worked really well. Can someone confirm that it will make an appearance? If the old sign is no more, I'll make one and bring it :)
Elena

Siva Vijenthira

Apr 9, 2012, 11:32:50 PM4/9/12
to toronto-h...@googlegroups.com
The old sign is still around, but I unfortunately don't think I can bring it/attend, because I have a volunteer orientation workshop on Thursday. I'm sorry to miss out! Hope to meet you new Pinners next time.

Elena, I'm sure you'll make a beautiful sign. Maybe also tell the hostess what's up, so that anyone coming in can ask for you guys when they arrive.

Siva

Elena Potter

Apr 10, 2012, 1:45:11 PM4/10/12
to toronto-h...@googlegroups.com
All right, will do. See you next time Siva!
Elena

emma alter

Apr 10, 2012, 6:48:46 PM4/10/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
Hey guys! I work until 6 so I'll be a bit late, but I will be there.
EXCITED.

On Apr 10, 1:45 pm, Elena Potter <elena.pot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All right, will do. See you next time Siva!
> Elena
>
> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM, Siva Vijenthira
> <siva.vijenth...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > The old sign is still around, but I unfortunately don't think I can bring
> > it/attend, because I have a volunteer orientation workshop on Thursday. I'm
> > sorry to miss out! Hope to meet you new Pinners next time.
>
> > Elena, I'm sure you'll make a beautiful sign. Maybe also tell the hostess
> > what's up, so that anyone coming in can ask for you guys when they arrive.
>
> > Siva
>
> > On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Elena Potter <elena.pot...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Hooray!
> >> As for stand-out-ability, I think last time our sign on the table worked
> >> really well. Can someone confirm that it will make an appearance? If the
> >> old sign is no more, I'll make one and bring it :)
> >> Elena

Megan Patterson

Apr 10, 2012, 11:21:21 PM4/10/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
Yeaah I plan on going, barring unforeseen circumstances. I will look
for the sign! Or I will just wear a cool hat? MAYBE BOTH!

Rebecca Pardo

Apr 11, 2012, 5:28:21 PM4/11/12
to Toronto Hairpinners
hey guys, i'll be there too. looking forward to it!

On Apr 10, 11:21 pm, Megan Patterson <2700lesbianspo...@gmail.com>

Claire Hayes

Apr 12, 2012, 10:23:36 PM4/12/12
to toronto-h...@googlegroups.com
Aww...I really wanted to come out and have a drink with all y'all but I was stuck working so late that I was too tired for anything that didn't involve wearing sweatpants and watching last night's Survivor.

Next time I will be social.  I promise.

- Claire