The Route, and other important details

Mel

Oct 12, 2012, 11:25:17 AM10/12/12
to toronto-disa...@googlegroups.com
This should clear some things up.

Also if any of the organizers do not have my cell number, please contact me immediately.

Some people have asked about picking up snacks I think this is a kewl idea, but keep inn mind that we won't be able to sit and eat and it will be cold out.
I'm bringing bristol board, markers from Stephanie, and tape for signs to carry. I'll see if I can find something at the dollar store to distinguish organizers.

This is also posted on the website and facebook:

The route for the 2012 Toronto Disability Pride March runs from Queens Park down Bay Street to the Ryerson School of Disability Studies (99 Gerrard Street East). For more information, see the map below. If you cannot see the map, and would like further information, please contact us.

Image from Google Maps

Meeting Location:

We are meeting specifically on the south fields in front of the Queens Park legislature.

TTC and Wheeltrans:

The closest accessible subway station to Queen's Park is Queens Park, the closest accessible subway station to the School of Disability Studies is Dundas.

For Wheeltrans users, both Queens Park and the Ryerson School of Disability Studies are Common Locations on Wheeltrans.

For Queens Park, there are 4 different common locations, but the one you want is 0924

For the Ryerson School of Disability Studies, the Common Location number is 0523

Accessible Washrooms:

There are accessible washrooms near Queen's Park, at the nearby Tim Hortons on the South-West corner of College and University.

There are also accessible washrooms at the Ryerson School of Disability Studies.