Problems with the Toronto350.org website

Milan

Jan 26, 2015, 1:02:44 PM1/26/15
to toron...@googlegroups.com
Hopefully, we will eventually have either a volunteer or a paid contractor working on improving the appearance and content of our WordPress site.

I am starting this thread to keep track of issues they should fix.

As I see it, the first big one is the overall theme which is both ugly and confusing. In particular, I find the partly-transparent scrolling foreground and overly busy opaque background to be both visually unattractive and confusing.

Another issue is the 'in the news' page: http://www.toronto350.org/in_the_news

The HTML is terrible, and the formatting is inconsistent.

thugsb

Feb 5, 2015, 2:32:44 PM2/5/15
to toron...@googlegroups.com
I'll be working on this with another volunteer over the coming weeks. The exec didn't think the template needed a major overhaul, just some loving tweaks here and there. The page content will also be worked out.