linguistic comparison engines?

Alex Sirota

Jun 2, 2010, 4:45:22 PM6/2/10
to tor...@googlegroups.com
Anyone know of a linguistic comparison engine? Open source preferably...

I want a piece of code that can show linguistic equivalency or in-equivalency

So I want it to tell me that:

"It is rainy today in Toronto" and "It's raining today in Toronto" are very close

but

"It is rainy today in Toronto" and "It is not rainy in today in Toronto" are exact opposite.

Of course it would be nice for the engine to check larger pieces of text for equivalency.

--
Alex Sirota
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexsirota

I vote in US elections from abroad in Canada. Do you? Visit http://www.votefromabroad.org to register today.

"We don't go on because it is ready. We go on because it is 11:30 -- that tends to be very clarifying." - Lorne Michaels - creator of Saturday Night Live

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." - Dan Stanford