SR&ED consultant

SmartPatterns

Oct 1, 2010, 3:11:14 PM10/1/10
to TorCamp
Hello, any recommendation as to a good SR&ED consultant?

Reg. Charney

Oct 1, 2010, 6:21:03 PM10/1/10
to tor...@googlegroups.com
I have used SRED Unlimited for the last 2 years. The application forms
went through smoothly and I received the tax rebates that they applied
for. They can be contact through their web site www.sredunlimited.com

Reg Charney

On 1 October 2010 15:11, SmartPatterns <husein...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, any recommendation as to a good SR&ED consultant?

Richard Dice

Oct 1, 2010, 6:30:15 PM10/1/10
to tor...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM, SmartPatterns <husein...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, any recommendation as to a good SR&ED consultant?

Here's one you can try. http://www.bondconsulting.ca/

Stephen van Egmond

Oct 1, 2010, 8:01:10 PM10/1/10
to tor...@googlegroups.com
I have used sredunlimited.com as well.

Their applications have gone through and I have not had cause for concern. They take a % of the tax reduction they earn you.
I find their fees a tiny bit steep, but I didn't really grind them on percentage, as that's not my way of doing business.

I am likely to renew with them. They asked for a 3-year commitment.

Allan Wilson

Oct 2, 2010, 7:23:53 PM10/2/10
to TorCamp
Just in case you are getting started in the SR&ED game: SR&ED
consultants will ask for 20 to 30 percent of the claim as their fee
for the first year, second and third year should be 10 to 15 percent
(the setup work will have been done). After two or three years
experience filing companies often move to doing the claim themselves.
If you do it yourself, have a SR&ED consultant conduct a review, for a
fixed fee, to ensure you have used the right words.

Derek Wong

Oct 12, 2010, 3:47:30 PM10/12/10
to tor...@googlegroups.com
Hello TorCamp members

I am part of a team whose aim is to turn an existing residential neighbourhood in Toronto to carbon neutral. Our experiences in this project will be documented for the benefit of other Canadian neighbourhoods seeking similar goals. This ambitious multi-year project is being led by members of the Environment Group, a working group of the Emerging Leaders Network (ELN). The ELN is an initiative of the Toronto City Summit Alliance, the group that brought Luminato to Toronto.

We are seeking one (or more) web developer/designer to develop the project web site. At the beginning stage, it will be a fairly static 'information brochure' style site. Later on, it will have dynamic interactive features (e.g. up to date greenhouse gas emissions data for different parts of the neighbourhood on a map). Easy to use UI is a must.

This is a non-profit community project. As such, the work may not be compensated, at least at the beginning. I'm saying 'may not' because funding situation is difficult to predict. As funds allow, we would like to reward contributors for their work. What this project offers is a chance to be involved in a high profile project for a great cause and connect with other young city builders from consulting firms, media relations, urban planners, public sector, etc.

Interested? Please send me an email with a brief intro about yourself. Comments and best practice advice from TorCamp is also welcome.

Best regards
Derek

Ali Niknafs

Oct 12, 2010, 5:33:47 PM10/12/10
to tor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Derek,

I don't live in Toronto but I am a student in Univ of Waterloo.. I am looking for a volunteer job since I don't have that much Canadian experience so am not looking for compensation..

If you think this development task could be done remotely, I would be eager to get involved.. I can code in different Web development environments so that's not a problem..

Let me know if I could be of any help.

Ali

dhe...@scitax.com

Oct 3, 2010, 9:57:21 AM10/3/10
to TorCamp
I am managing director of the SR&ED consulting firm Scitax Advisory
Partners LP. I have just joined this group, but have worked in the
SR&ED field for over 15 years.

I'll be happy to respond to any posts pertaining to SR&ED matters
either from a science elgibility or financial accounting standpoint.

Our website offers two documents that might be of of interest to
members of this group:

One is called "Introduction to R&D Tax Credits in Canada with Worked
Examples for Small and Large Companies"
https://www.scitax.com/pdf/Introduction.to.R&D.Tax.Credits.in.Canada.SCITAX.pdf

The second is our "Survey of International R&D Tax Credits" "
https://www.scitax.com/pdf/Scitax.International.RD.Tax.Credit.Survey.Table.pdf

Roy Pereira

Nov 24, 2010, 1:19:58 PM11/24/10
to TorCamp
I've tried a few of them. The firm that I am currently using is RDP
Associates. Max Nokhrirn at the firm handled this year's claim and it
was the most non-painful and quick SHRD claim I have ever done in over
10 years of claims. They also like to work with startups as opposed to
most SHRD firms that focus on larger claims.

I had tried OME last year and it was the most painful and longest
claim ever. Not a pleasant experience at all with anyone that worked
there.

The previous year, I tried BraithWaite. They seemed ok at preparing
the claim, but then "forgot" to send it in on time and then "forgot"
to call back the CRA analyst for 3 months when they called for more
information. So, I wouldn't recommend them either.