{Torah & Chassidus} what defines a chassid

閲覧: 9 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Tal Moshe Zwecker

未読、
2010/05/16 10:22:312010/05/16
To: torahchassid...@googlegroups.com
There is a legendary tale of a meeting between Rav Shimshon of Sheptivka and the author of the Noda BeYehudah of Prague Rav Yechezkel Landau. Rav Shimshon was defending the honor of the Toldos Yaakov Yosef, the first sefer on Chassidus ever printed by the Baal Shem Tov's student Rav Yaakov Yosef of Polnoy. During the visit Rav Shimshon was asked by the
Noda BeYehudah to define the term chassid. What is this new group and its adherent the chassid?

"A chassid is one who repairs that which was broken down." (Yosef Da'as p58)

This Shavous marks 250 years to the holy Baal Shem Tov, Does that definition fit your definition of a chasid?, do you define yourself as a chasid? why? What is your own definition of a chasid?

Please let the discussion begin . . .

Kol Tuv,
R' Tal Moshe Zwecker
Director Machon Be'er Mayim Chaim
Chassidic Classics in the English Language
www.chassidusonline.com
chassid...@gmail.com
Phone: 972-2-992-1218 / Cell: 972-54-842-4725
VoIP: 516-320-6022
eFax: 1-832-213-3135
join the mailing list to keep updated about new projects here:
http://groups.google.com/group/beermayimchaim
Noam Elimelech, Kedushas Levi, Pirkei Avos more!
Discuss Chassidus
http://groups.google.com/group/torahchassidusdiscussion

Eliot Kusnetz

未読、
2010/05/17 9:02:532010/05/17
To: torahchassid...@googlegroups.com
My rav says: everyone wants to be a chossid.  Who wouldn't? Someone who already thinks he is. We recently had a very long and emotional discussion during which he (a desecendant of the Besht, the Kedushas Levi, Shmuel Shmelke) told me that he doesn't know or understand anything about "chassidus" (in our day) except that it is a tool of the sitra achra.  He cited his grandfather who discouraged people from starting to wear a shtreimle (if it was not the family minhag) because he said at some point, the "chossid" would want to take it off - and then what?  There is a lot of Kotzk in these hanhagos, but what is clear is that his take on the meaning of a chosid is like that of Mesillas Yesharim.

That being said, in my experience there really is a big difference between the chassidim I've met and the very heilige yidden who have a non-chassidic derech; in their friendliness, approach to ahavas Yisrael, achdus, davening, kiruv, etc.  There is a relaxed informality that breaks down barriers - a friendliness.  So my concept of a chosid is a blend of the cultural approach and the individual who is striving to perfect himself.
--
Save money and support Khal Chassidim by shopping online at iGive.com. Register and shop at hundreds of stores. KC recieves a donation while you get special discounts! http://www.iGive.com/welcome/warmwelcome.cfm?c=45130&m=552027
全員に返信