Help a Toronto Musician with his Kickstarter Project (film)

cdks...@hotmail.com

Mar 10, 2012, 11:45:36 PM3/10/12
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1246945042/you-gotta-stay-cocksure

33 days to go to get the funding for this movie -- THIS PROJECT WILL
ONLY BE FUNDED IF AT LEAST $25,000 IS PLEDGED BY FRIDAY APR 13,
11:40AM EDT.

We want to make a movie. And we need your help.

The movie is called “You Gotta Stay Cocksure!” It’s about a fictitious
English band called The Cocksure Lads.

Here’s what happens in the movie:

The Cocksure Lads arrive in Toronto on the morning of their first-ever
North American tour, go to the venue and, ten minutes later, get into
a fistfight and break up. The four Lads scatter, and spend the rest of
the day wandering around town getting into misadventures – drinking,
fighting, meeting women, taking baths, getting thrown out of pubs,
having sex and falling in love. Through the course of these
misadventures they discover what it means to be a band - but can they
patch things up before the big show? (watch the trailer below)

The film has eight Cocksure Lads songs (and videos) in it. You can
listen to three of them right now: the rockin’ “You Gotta Stay
Cocksure!”, the poppy "A Case of the Dropsies" and the somber,
reflective “Mushy Peas.”

So who are The Cocksure Lads?

The Cocksure Lads were dreamed up by Murray Foster and Mike Ford, two
former members of the Canadian pop group Moxy Fruvous. Foster and Ford
who shared (and share) a love of early sixties Britpop – Jerry and the
Pacemakers, Herman’s Hermits, early Beatles – and, fifteen years ago,
began writing songs in that genre, just for a lark.

Eventually the project took on a life of its own - it was as if these
were the songs of a real band. So they called this band The Cocksure
Lads and started dreaming up the band’s mythology – band members,
album titles, rise and fall etc.

By 2010, they had twenty-five Cocksure Lads songs. So naturally they
went into the studio and recorded “The Greatest Hits of the Cocksure
Lads, 1963-1968.”

In 2011, excited by this new Cocksure Lads album, they began talking
about shooting a video for one of the songs. That conversation evolved
into shooting a short film about the Lads, which eventually evolved
into shooting a feature film. Foster wrote the screenplay in the fall
of 2011, and is going to direct. Shooting begins in Summer 2012.

Although we’ll be going after funding from a number of sources
(including the Canadian government’s Telefilm program), solid
grassroots crowdfunding will give confidence in potential investors,
including Telefilm. So your contribution not only supports the film,
it goes a long way toward us securing other funding.

Last fall we cast the film, assembled a crew and shot the footage for
the trailer over four days in chilly November. Now everything’s in
place – cast, crew, script, production team. We just need funding.

We have a long list of excellent prizes for you, the donor. Pins! T-
shirts! Copies of the Cocksure Lads CD! New unreleased Cocksure Lads
songs! Not to mention passes to the Premier after-party, roles in the
movie, Scrabble and songwriting sessions with Murray and even the
real-
life Cocksure Lads playing a concert in your living room!

And who are "we"?

Murray Foster - Writer/director, and member of the live version of The
Cocksure Lads (playing these days in the Toronto area)

Emily Andrews - Producer extraordinaire, and member of the Toronto
burlesque troupe Les Coquettes (so 'seducer extraordinaire' also!)

Danny Ameri and Howie Buksbaum - DOPs/Cinematographers/New Yorkers.
Danny was the chap who dreamed up the name "Cocksure Lads" way back in
the 90's...

THE CAST

Marcus Thomas - Dusty

Michael Goldlist - Reg

Luke Marty - Derek

Edward Hillier - Blakey

Peter Higginson - Monty

Alona Metzer - Chloe

Laura Vincent - Lily

Ana Alic - Jennifer

Julie Cohn - Lucy

We would love for you to be part of our team. We feel that this movie
needs to be made. We just need your help to do it.

Backers: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1246945042/you-gotta-stay-cocksure/backers