Heroes Of Might And Magic 2 Gold Edition GoG 2

Rachell Pjetrovic

Dec 4, 2023, 11:23:43 PM12/4/23
to topshelf-discuss

Hey! I am just trying the trial version to test if Heroes III might and magic III would work. Which it does!
I can install HD and Hota, but those don't open. The launcher opens, but nothing happens when hits the "play" button.
My question is, why is the classic 3 complete GOG works fine, maybe with a bit of lag here and there? and not HD or Hota don't even start? This is really what's keeping me from buying at this time, as I would really pay the money to be able to play my favorite game of all time on the M1.

Heroes of Might and Magic 2 Gold Edition GoG 2

Download https://tlniurl.com/2wIeIl

Hey I want to ask how do you install heroes of might and magic 3 complete on Mac Pro m1 ? somebody nows how to do it and run ? I tray all ready parallels desktop bat is not compete bole on windows 10 that game whit parallels olso playonmac don't work.. if some one not how to install and run this game on m1 Mac I bee greet full :)

MacBook Pro m1 max here. Installed homm 3 from gog, using the bottle settings from the application list (Heroes of might and magic III complete). Installed hd launcher and after some time hota as well. Everything works fine so far (including hota). Haven't tried online lobby though yet.
It looks like homm3 are slow on startup, and also at least for me it crashes when I try to switch to another app, while homm3hd is in fullscreen mode. But for the rest - it's perfectly fine.

Create Win 10 bottle, install Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete (from _of_might_and_magic_3_complete_edition for example), then install HoTA to the same bottle. Or you can download an already installed game from some community resource.

A huge part of the game's success lies in its approach to progression. As is often the case in strategy and RPG games alike, the goal in each scenario is to uncover a map and make all of the numbers go as high as possible. Build lots of units, level up heroes and gather gold until there's no space left in your coffers. New World Computing ensure that there's always something interesting behind the fog of war, however, and that every step toward victory feels like a tiny fantastic subplot in its own right. Just look at the towns for proof - every building and upgrade feels like an achievement, and part of a beautiful, fantastic tapestry.

This is an adventure that captures that 'one more mission' addictiveness, and it's superbly written, too. The various bickering cyber-clerics behind your expedition are genuinely memorable characters, and you find yourself gripped - and occasionally even laughing - as their story unfolds in between missions. The game's also dripping with atmosphere, with moody battlefields, light choose-your-own-adventure elements in between fights, and a grimy industrial soundtrack that sounds like what a bunch of Gregorian monks might create if given access to an abandoned factory, a synth setup, and more than a little ketamin.

Success is about making good decisions in its many events, but also directing your clan's long term efforts behind the scenes. Where do you explore and when? Will your precious magic supplement your crafter this year, or is it time to risk a ride to the gods' realm to secure a special blessing? And those decisions can never be fully divorced from the wider situation. The ideal solution might be obvious but unaffordable, or contradict another plan you have going. Measuring all these political, economic, military, religious, and sometimes personal factors up against your long-term plans is a storytelling delight and a cerebral challenge all at once.

The Heroes Of Might & Magic II UGE Module by David MelansonGreetings! For those of you unfamiliar with my previous work,this is now the 25th plug-in module I have designed in support ofJack Hartman's Universal Game Editor (UGE) program. Other modulesinclude the ever-popular Stonekeep, Anvil of Dawn, Might & Magic III,IV, V, Swords of Xeen, Warcraft II, and quite a few more...I offer these modules for no registration fee, but I do askthat users of the modules register the base program with Jack Hartman(jhar...@ix.netcom.com). All right, enough advertising. Let's geton with the show...----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------FIRST: How to set up UGE. To accomplish this, I've lifted a couplequestions from the UGE FAQ I've written:Q: "How do I set up Universal Game Editor?"A: First, create a directory on your hard drive to hold the programs. Then use PKUNZIP version 2.04g orbetter...or WinZIP ...to uncompress the UGE10.ZIP file into the new directory. If you want to use a plug-inmodule, also use the same program(s) to uncompress the zipped module file into the same directory.Q: "Will Universal Game Editor work in Windows 95?"A: Yes, it will work in Windows 95 without a problem. Just set up a Shortcut to UGE.EXE.Q: "How do I install a plug-in module?"A: Start up UGE. You have to Add the game to the main menu screen (blue) that appears. As that suggests, pressthe "A" key. A red box will appear on the right. Type the name of the game in there and press Enter (actually,you can type anything you like; it won't matter, but typing the name of the game just might be useful foridentifying it later on!) Now a list of files with the extension ".mdl" will appear in a box on the right. (There willalso be one called "**New File**," which you DON'T want to choose right now...later, if you decide to createyour own modules, this will be very useful).Use the arrow keys to highlight the file that says GAMENAME.MDL, where GAMENAME, once again, is thename of the game (or an abbreviation or approximation), then press Enter. Now you should see a directory listingof your hard drive in the box on the right. Use your arrow keys to select the file you wish to edit, in the followingmanner:Use the arrow keys to highlight the directory where the actual GAME (NOT U.G.E!!) is stored on the hard drive.Press Enter. Now scroll up and down the list and look for a saved game file...usually, the module's instructions willtell you the name of the file to look for (so read the instructions) but as a general rule, the file formats take one ofseveral forms: If you saved a game with a specific name, you may see that name followed by a three digit extension (for example, you named a saved game WALKING, then you might see WALKING.SAV or WALKING.DAT or something similar...that's your saved game file). Maybe there is a separate directory for saved games...usually, this'll be named SAVES or SAVEGAME or GAMES or something like that...go into that by highlighting it, then pressing Enter...and then keep looking. Sometimes games are saved with numeric extensions that indicate which "slot" they are saved in...for example, let's say a game has a "Save Game" screen with ten available slots for games. When you save to the first slot, you create, say, a game called GAME.001, or GAME0.SAV, or something like that. When you save the game to the SECOND slot, you create a file called GAME.002, or GAME1.SAV, or something like that. Some games start numbering with 1, some with 0. It's a matter of which game you're playing. Still other games save a series of game files in a numeric subdirectory...for example, let's say a game has ten subdirectories called SAVE01, SAVE02, SAVE03, etc...to SAVE10. Inside THOSE directories are the saved game files for the various slots...once again, these work the same way as a numeric extension-ed game file...so that, if you save a game in the first "slot" of the saved game screen, the files you want to modify would be in the SAVE01 subdirectory. If you save in the second slot, the files would be in the SAVE02 subdirectory.EXAMPLE FOR THIS MODULE: Heroes of Might & Magic IITO EDIT STANDARD GAMES:The game file you want has the extension .GM1 and will be stored in a subdirectory ofthe directory where Heroes II is stored called GAMES. SO...if you installed to Windows 95,chances are you installed it in the default (C:ProgramFilesHeroes2) directory, so thefile you would want would show up in UGE's "directory" menu as C:PROGRA1HEROES2GAMES.The file name will be whatever you called the game when you saved it. For example, toedit the Tutorial game, the file name would be TUTORIAL.GM1. If you called a game"MyGame," then the file name would be MYGAME.GM1. All of the separate modules forHOMM II should be set to affect the same saved game file (it's not NECESSARY to useevery single module, but if you want the FULL range of options, it will be necessary).There should be a total of 11 modules. When you Add each to your UGE menu (asdescribed above), the files should be named something like this as menu choices to keepproper track of them:HOMM2.MDL -> "Heroes Of M&M II-Basics"HOMM2_C1.MDL-> "Castles #1-36"HOMM2_C2.MDL-> "Castles #37-72"HOMM2_H1.MDL-> "Heroes #1-7"HOMM2_H2.MDL-> "Heroes #8-14"HOMM2_H3.MDL-> "Heroes #15-21"HOMM2_H4.MDL-> "Heroes #22-28"HOMM2_H5.MDL-> "Heroes #29-35"HOMM2_H6.MDL-> "Heroes #36-42"HOMM2_H7.MDL-> "Heroes #43-49"HOMM2_H8.MDL-> "Heroes #50-54"These modules, when all installed, can affect EVERY single hero and castle inthe game (the game can handle a maximum of 54 heroes and 72 castles). For those ofyou who are wondering...why 54 heroes? Consider: There are a maximum of six players.Each player can have a maximum of 8 heroes. This would seem to indicate that 48would be enough. But when all players have 7 heroes apiece and go to a town to recruitan eighth, the game likes to give an option of 2 available heroes...thus the "extra"six heroes. As for the number of castles...I really don't know. Guess that's theprogram's memory limit. But I think that's quite enough castles...TO EDIT CAMPAIGN GAMES: When you unzipped the file, a small batch file called CAMPAIGN.BATshould have come with it. Exit to a DOS prompt and run this batch file(type "CAMPAIGN" from your UGE directory and hit Enter). After a fewgyrations, you should now have eleven MORE modules. These are configuredto edit Campaign games and cannot edit Standard games. (the original"standard game" modules still exist and can be used as listed above!) Install these in UGE EXACTLY the same way as described above, withthe exception that the extension for Campaign Games is .GMC, as opposed to.GM1, and the file names should be as follows: CAMPAIGN.MDL -> "Heroes Of M&M II-Basics" CAMPC1.MDL -> "Castles #1-36" CAMPC2.MDL -> "Castles #37-72" CAMPH1.MDL -> "Heroes #1-7" CAMPH2.MDL -> "Heroes #8-14" CAMPH3.MDL -> "Heroes #15-21" CAMPH4.MDL -> "Heroes #22-28" CAMPH5.MDL -> "Heroes #29-35" CAMPH6.MDL -> "Heroes #36-42" CAMPH7.MDL -> "Heroes #43-49" CAMPH8.MDL -> "Heroes #50-54" Other than that, the modules will behave EXACTLY the same way aslisted in the descriptions below!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Okay, on to what the modules do...when playing this game, are you distressedby the incredible number of monsters roaming in the wilderness? The difficulty ofkeeping ownership of mines? The annoyance of having to only build ONE structure everyturn? The difficulty in gaining new spells? The time it takes to get from one placeto another (and while you're travelling, some other player sneaks up out of nowhereand attacks your castle?) Well, with these modules, you can solve almost all of theseproblems at once!The first module...Basics...tells a few things about the six players. Foreach of the six players (if only 2-5 are playing, it'll show data for the "others"which aren't playing, but ignore it), you can (by scrolling through a bit) alter theamount of each resource (Wood, Mercury, Ore, Sulfur, Gems, Crystals, Gold) that eachplayer has (need a billion or so gold? Go ahead, give it to yourself!). Theother fields in this module (Player (number) Hero 1-8 and Player (number) Castle 1-72)should NOT have the values in them changed (doing so causes all sorts of horriblegame crashes). Instead, they're there so you can keep an easy track on who's gotwhat heroes and who's got which castles. For instance, let's say you're Player 1.The Basics module shows Player 1 has Hero # 23 as his first hero and Hero # 15 ashis second hero. To determine where in the "Heroes" modules the data on theseheroes is, add ONE to each (i.e. first hero value is "24" and second hero value is"16" ) Soto find the info on the first hero, you'd use the module listed as "Heroes #22-28"and to find the info on the second hero, you'd use the module listed as"Heroes #15-21." Similarly, if it shows that you own Castle #22, you'd find all thedata on the castle in the module labelled "Castles #1-36."To determine WHICH in a file the one you want to modify is, just do a littlearithmetic; subtract the number shown in the "Basics" module (plus 1, as stated above)from the SMALLEST number of the appropriate module, then add TWO. So, in the aboveexample, Player 1's first hero (24) appears in the "Heroes #22-28" module. Thesmallest number in the appropriate module is 22. So the hero position is (24-22)+1 ="Hero 3" in the Heroes #22-28 module. Probably an EASIER way to do this is just togo to the appropriate module and scan through, looking for the NAME of the hero youwant to modify. Once you've found the appropriate Castle or Hero you want to change,here's what you can do with them:CASTLES MODULES:-----------------For each castle you can:Change Castle "Type." It'll look the same from the outside, but inside, all thebuildings will change to match the appropriate "type." The types are as follows:0=Knight1=Barbarian2=Sorceress3=Warlock4=Wizard5=NecromancerEdit what types of monster appear in each of the castle's five "troop slots."A "-1" in a slot indicates there's nothing there currently. To see what you can seteach slot to, see Table 1: Unit Types, below. Immediately after the monster "types,"you can edit how MANY monsters appear in each slot (so you can have 30,000+ monstersin one slot...easily!)Edit the four castle "Structure Factors," which determine what buildings appear inthe castle's overall structure. What buildings appear is dependent on the castletype...for a complete list of what the structure factors are responsible for, seeTable 2: Structure Factors, below. These are additive functions...so, for example,in Structure Factor 1, a "1" indicates a Mage Guild and a "2" indicates a ThievesGuild. To have BOTH, you would put the number "3" (1+2) in the Structure Factor 1field. One thing I've found: for the major monster upgrades, do NOT input theStructure Factors for both the "original" version of a monster generator and the"upgraded" version of a monster generator if you want the upgrade to work properly...just put in the "upgrade" version (for example: in a Wizard castle, if you want anEnhanced Cloud Castle, ONLY set the Structure Factor flag for an Upgrade Cloud Castle,NOT the Structure Factor flag for a regular Cloud Castle as well...otherwise, it'llgenerate Giants, not Titans, even though the Structure screen in the game will stateit's an Upgraded Cloud Castle that should produce Titans). The maximum value forany structure factor is 255, which encompasses all possible options for that factor(1+2+4+8+16+32+64+128=255). If you're confused, don't be surprised; it's tricky.Practice a little with it (I suggest you experiment with the Tutorial game first untilyou get the hang of this).You can change the level of the Mage Guild in town, up to a maximum of 5. One thingI've noticed-if you do this, you tend NOT to get spells from trying to learn themthere. However, they still recharge spell points perfectly well...and the Heroesmodules let you get whatever spells you want anyway, so what does it matter? ;-)Finally, you can change the name of the town...big deal. But at least it helps youkeep track of town names. And it's always fun to name a town "Deadwood" or somethingsilly like that.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------HEROES MODULES:---------------For each of the game's 54 available heroes, you can do the following:Change current # of available spell points (a spellcaster with 30,000 spell points?NO PROBLEM!)Change the hero's name. Not a big deal, but may be fun...Edit available "movement" points for a turn. A standard "day's move" is 1000 points.With this module, you can edit your available land AND sea movement up to some trulyridiculous numbers (60,000+), which basically will allow you to cross whole continentsor oceans in one turn.Edit Attack, Defense, Spell Power, and Knowledge Skills.Edit both monster types (see table 1 again) and number of monsters in each of thehero's five available "army" slots.Give the hero any of the Secondary skills. This is a little tricky. First, there arethe fourteen skills. You can choose any EIGHT you want (any more will crash the game).To set any skill to "Basic," set its value to 1. Setting a skill's value to 2 sets theskill level to "Advanced," and setting a skill's value to 3 sets the skill level to"Expert." While I'm not forcing you to choose any particular ones, I must say myPERSONAL favorite skills are Necromancy (cool!) and Pathfinding. Now, once you'vechosen however many skills (once again, MAXIMUM OF EIGHT!) you wanted, go on to theset of the NEXT fourteen variables. Notice these say "Such-and-such-skill Slot." Toget these skills to work (and avoid crashes), you must assign which "slot" a skillappears in when it appears on the Hero Screen. These go from 1-8. So, in my case,I'd say I wanted Necromancy to appear in slot 1 (the leftmost slot) and Pathfindingto appear in slot 2 (second from left). I'd put the number 2 in the "PFind Slot"field and the number 1 in the "Necr Slot" field. FINALLY, after THOSE 14 fields,there's one MORE field you have to modify...Number of skills. This is, quite simply,the number of secondary skills that the hero has. So, for my character, I'd put thenumber 2 in here, since there are two secondary skills that have been assigned. Thisnumber MUST include any skills that the character "came with" (like the Knight'sLeadership and Balistic skills), unless you erased them (by setting their values andtheir "slot values" to 0).After ALL THOSE, we come to the Spells...you can give your hero ANY or ALL of the65 available spells, both Combat and Adventure. The first 48 spells (up to andincluding Earthquake) are Combat spells (and as such can only be used in Combat,but can be Viewed on the Hero Screen by clicking on the spellbook, then on the"Combat Spells" tab in the book) and the remainder are Adventure spells. Setting ANYspell value to 1 makes that spell available to you. However, you do need a spellbookto cast any of those spells...Finally, we come to the 14 Artifact slots. You can give any hero any of the 82available artifacts. I do NOT, however, recommend giving most of the "skill enhancer"ones...they do not affect your hero's stats if given via UGE. I recommend only givingthe ones like the Endless Sack Of Gold, the Morale-Enhancers, and the Luck Enhancers.Perhaps most important, though, is the last one (81)...this is the Spellbook. This isnecessary to cast spells. If one of the artifact spots is already taken by this, DON'TCHANGE IT! If it is NOT present (i.e. you have a Knight or Barbarian), then make thespellbook available by setting an Artifact slot to 81. (Hey, it saves you 500 gold anda trip to a town!). The list of available Artifacts appears in Table 3: Artifacts,below.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------INFORMATION TABLES:TABLE 1: UNIT TYPES--->0=Peasant1=Archer2=Ranger3=Pikeman4=Veteran Pikeman5=Swordsman6=Master Swordsman7=Cavalry8=Champion9=Paladin10=Crusader11=Goblin12=Orc13=Orc Chieftan14=Wolf15=Ogre16=Ogre Lord17=Troll18=War Troll19=Cyclops20=Sprite21=Dwarf22=Battle Dwarf23=Elf24=Grand Elf25=Druid26=Greater Druid27=Unicorn28=Phoenix29=Centaur30=Gargoyle31=Griffin32=Minotaur33=Minotaur King34=Hydra35=Green Dragon36=Red Dragon37=Black Dragon38=Halfling39=Boar40=Iron Golem41=Steel Golem42=Roc43=Mage44=Archmage45=Giant46=Titan47=Skeleton48=Zombie49=Mutant Zombie50=Mummy51=Royal Mummy52=Vampire53=Vampire Lord54=Lich55=Power Lich56=Bone Dragon57=Rogue58=Nomad59=Ghost60=Genie61=Medusa62=Earth Elemental63=Fire Elemental64=Water Elemental65=Air Elemental-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------TABLE 2: STRUCTURE FACTORS--->STRUCTURE FACTOR 1For ANY CASTLE TYPE: 1=Mage Guild2=Thieves Guild4=Tavern (not Necro!)8=Dock16=Well32=Nothing (don't use)64=Castle (vs tent!)128=StatueSTRUCTURE FACTOR 2FOR ANY CASTLE TYPE: 1=Left Turret2=Right Turret4=Marketplace8=Horde Building (see below)16=Moat32=Special Enhancement (see below)64=Nothing (don't use)128=Captain Of Guards' QuartersHORDE BUILDINGS: These increase production of the castle's weakest units by 8/week.In a Knight castle, this is a Farm. For Barbarians, a Garbage pile. For Sorceresses,a Crystal Garden. For Necromancers, a Skull Pile. For Wizards, an Orchard. ForWarlocks, a Waterfall.SPECIAL ENHANCEMENT: Depending on the castle type, these have differing effects(enhancing combat skill or spell skill or power or even money production...) Fora Knight, this is Fortifications. For a Barbarian, it's a Coliseum. For aSorceress, it's a Rainbow. For a Necromancer, a perpetual Storm. For a Wizard, it'sa Library. For a Warlock, it's a Dungeon.STRUCTURE FACTOR 3FOR ANY CASTLE TYPE: 1, 2, and 4 values do nothing at all.8=1st-level creature generators16=2nd-level creature generators32=3rd-level creature generators64=4th-level creature generators128=5th level creature generatorsThe actual generator type and generated creature depends on the castle type...they areas follows: (read your HOMM II manual to find out what each generates!)Knight: Thatched Hut, Archery, Blacksmith, Armory, Jousting ArenaBarbarian: Hut, Stick Hut, Den, Adobe, BridgeSorceress: Treehouse, Cottage, Archery, Stonehenge, Fenced MeadowNecromancer: Dig, Graveyard, Pyramid, Mansion, MausoleumWizard: Habitat, Boar Pen, Foundry, Cliff Nest, Ivory TowerWarlock: Cave, Crypt, Nest, Maze, SwampSTRUCTURE FACTOR 4This one varies the most. The "1" value gives the 6th-level creature generator forany castle type as follows:K: CathedralB:PyramidS:Red TowerN:LaboratoryWz:Cloud CastleWr: Green Dragon Towerbut the others vary as follows (upgrades):2--->K:Arch UpgrB:Stick Hut UpgrS:Cottage UpgrN:Graveyard UpgrWz: NoneWr: None4--->K:Blacksmith UpgrB:NoneS:Archery UpgrN:Pyramid UpgrWz:Foundry UpgrWr: None8--->K:Armory UpgrB:Adobe UpgrS:Stonehenge UpgrN:Mansion UpgrWz: NoneWr: Maze Upgr16--->K:Joust Arena UpgrB:Bridge UpgrS:NoneN:Mausoleum UpgrWz: Ivory Tower UpgrWr: None32--->K:Cathedral UpgrB:NoneS:NoneN:NoneWz:Cloud Castle UpgradeWr: Red Dragon Tower Upgr64--->K:NoneB:NoneS:NoneN:NoneWz:NoneWr:Black Dragon Tower Upgr128 has no effect for any castle type.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------TABLE 3: ARTIFACTS (Setting to numbers outside these will crash the game!)0=Ultimate Book Of Knowledge1=Ultimate Sword of Dominion2=Ultimate Cloak of Protection3=Ultimate Wand Of Magic4=Ultimate Shield5=Ultimate Staff6=Ultimate Crown7=Golden Goose8=Arcane Necklace of Magic9=Caster's Bracelet of Magic10=Mage's Ring Of Power11=Witch's Broach of Magic12=Medal Of Valor13=Medal of Courage14=Medal of Honor15=Medal of Distinction16=Fizban of Misfortune (a BAD item...don't get it!)17=Thunder Mace of Dominion18=Armored Gauntlets of Protection19=Defender's Helm of Protection20=Giant Flail of Dominion21=Ballista of Quickness22=Stealth Shield of Protection23=Dragon Sword of Dominion24=Power Axe of Dominion25=Divine Breastplate of Protection26=Minor Scroll of Knowledge27=Major Scroll of Knowledge28=Superior Scroll of Knowledge29=Foremost Scroll of Knowledge30=Endless Sack Of Gold31=Endless Bag Of Gold32=Endless Purse Of Gold33=Nomad Boots34=Traveller's Boots35=Rabbit's foot36=Golden Horseshoe37=Gambler's Coin38=Four-Leaf Clover39=True Compass of Mobility40=Sailor's Astrolabe of Mobility41=Evil Eye42=Enchanted Hourglass43=Golden Watch44=Skullcap45=Ice Cloak46=Fire Cloak47=Lightning Helm48=Evercold Icicle49=Everhot Lava Rock50=Lightning Rod51=Snake Ring52=Ankh53=Book Of Elements54=Elemental Ring55=Holy Pendant56=Pendant of Free Will57=Pendant Of Life58=Serenity Pendant59=Seeing-Eye Pendant60=Kinetic Pendant61=Pendant Of Death62=Wand of Negation63=Golden Bow64=Telescope65=Statesman's Quill66=Wizard's Hat67=Power Ring68=Ammo Cart (now THIS is a cool item!)69=Tax Lien (Cursed!)70=Hideous Mask (also cursed!)71=Endless Pouch Of Sulfur72=Endless Flask of Mercury73=Endless Pouch Of Gems74=Endless Cord of Wood75=Endless Cart of Ore76=Endless Pouch of Crystal77=Spiked Helm78=Spiked Shield79=White Pearl80=Black Pearl81=Spellbook-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------With all of these available options, you can see why this one took so many modules.Like I said before, practice a while with the Tutorial before you get really involvedwith a full game. Please be sure to read the UGE FAQ, available on **********. Ifthere are questions that aren't answered by the FAQ, you can write me atove...@ici.net. And I'm going to write it ONE MORE TIME, for those of you whokeep requesting stuff anyway...DO NOT REQUEST MODULES! I don't have every game, andnot every game is editable!Other than that, good luck in your conquest of the realms of Might & Magic!-Dave Melanson, a.k.a. Overkill/Mortuai(over...@ici.net)Heroes of Might and Magic IItype:8675309 - To reveal entire map

eebf2c3492