Help with Topodroid, Therion, and Plan Map

Jeff Taylor

Dec 3, 2023, 12:10:46 AM12/3/23
to topo...@googlegroups.com
I'm having an issue with the plan map in Therion. The map created by Therion is distorted. The scrap is not. The map I draw is no where near what is created.

Here is the created map:
image.png

Here is it opened up in Theriod. I had to change the profile to extended:
image.png
Here is the map on topodroid image:
image.png

Does anyone know what could be happening? I have to create a "projected profile" for all the points to show on topodroid. Otherwise, it only shows a few points. By the way, the profile map turns out great.

Thanks for any help.
Jeff Taylor

Marco Corvi

Dec 3, 2023, 8:10:15 AM12/3/23
to topo...@googlegroups.com
maybe leg shot without "extend" value ?

check the names of the station points in therion file.

Jeff Taylor

Dec 4, 2023, 11:34:54 AM12/4/23
to TopoDroid
I've checked them. They all have value.

I did find the solution. I needed to export the map as a projection and add the elevation. It produced the map as it should. Whatever the projected profile azimuth is when creating is the degree needed. I'm still learning and the Therion Wiki isn't the most user-friendly, but I found a thread. So my export command is:

export map -projection [elevation 230] -o ****

Thanks,
Jeff Taylor