topodroid measurements or DistoX mesurements / which is the best ?

SCL

Feb 9, 2024, 5:24:18 AMFeb 9
to TopoDroid
Hello everyone,
This is my first contribution on the forum, please excuse me for my English and if the answer has already been given.
I am desperate for a DistoX... without success to date.

But I may have a replacement solution: topodroid allows to obtain a direction and inclination directly using the insruments integrated into the phone/ tablet.
I would like to know if someone has already made a comparison of the topo data taken via topodroid/téléphone and DistoX?
The question at stake is the accuracy of the surveys made by topodroid and the android support used.
If the data are comparable, it is enough to find a lasermeter to have the distance.
Looking forward to your feedback,
Caving
Yohann

Balambér Hakapesz

Feb 9, 2024, 5:52:04 AMFeb 9
to topo...@googlegroups.com
The phone's compass is very imprecise, it can be several tens of degrees wrong. The direction measurement also depends on whether the screen is on or not.
The solution is the old SUUNTO/Brunton and laser range finder.

DistoX: Siwei Tian Facebook + Ebay Disto X310

Balázs Holl