CSV converters

1 view

Garry Petrie

Jul 9, 2024, 12:59:50 PMJul 9
to topo...@googlegroups.com
In anticipation of a new BRIC needing the latest version of Topodroid, I sync'ed up to the latest version of Topodroid -- which of course has fewer survey export flavors. That's fine, the exporters may have left you wanting for the complete set of data. Is there a way for the CSV to expand the repeated leg shots to enable our own analyses?

I wrote a simple Perl script to convert CSV to WinKarst and it covers most of the cases I use. I didn't test using backsights since that only represents 5% of my surveys. It's attached and uses Strawberry Perl in Windows.

To that end, it would be nice to have a prototype CSV file that contained all the perturbations of Topodroid features to help validate any conversion  tools?

Garry
csv2winkarst.pl

Balambér Hakapesz

Jul 9, 2024, 1:08:04 PMJul 9
to topo...@googlegroups.com
TopoDroid Settings - import/export - ENABLE:
all export format enable/disable

B.

Garry Petrie

Jul 9, 2024, 1:39:14 PMJul 9
to topo...@googlegroups.com
Just looked at, "complete" CSV export and kind of wished I had started with this type. A chance to recover my scripting skills since retiring from tech.

For the time number, what is the implied format? It doesn't appear to cover seconds as some shots contain the same time value.

Garry

Balambér Hakapesz

Jul 9, 2024, 1:47:46 PMJul 9
to topo...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jul 9, 2024 at 7:39 PM Garry Petrie <dynam...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just looked at, "complete" CSV export and kind of wished I had started with this type. A chance to recover my scripting skills since retiring from tech.

For the time number, what is the implied format? It doesn't appear to cover seconds as some shots contain the same time value.
the download time, not the measurement time because it is not recorded

Garry

On Tue, Jul 9, 2024 at 6:59 PM Garry Petrie <dynam...@gmail.com> wrote:
In anticipation of a new BRIC needing the latest version of Topodroid, I sync'ed up to the latest version of Topodroid -- which of course has fewer survey export flavors. That's fine, the exporters may have left you wanting for the complete set of data. Is there a way for the CSV to expand the repeated leg shots to enable our own analyses?

I wrote a simple Perl script to convert CSV to WinKarst and it covers most of the cases I use. I didn't test using backsights since that only represents 5% of my surveys. It's attached and uses Strawberry Perl in Windows.

To that end, it would be nice to have a prototype CSV file that contained all the perturbations of Topodroid features to help validate any conversion  tools?

Garry

Garry Petrie

Jul 9, 2024, 2:03:53 PMJul 9
to topo...@googlegroups.com
That is not the case, the time value varies in the export and is increasing from 1716570955 to 1717955760

Garry Petrie

Jul 9, 2024, 6:58:03 PMJul 9
to topo...@googlegroups.com
Here's a version to read the complete CSV format. Getting better at remembering perl :-)
csv_complete2winkarst.pl.bak

Garry Petrie

Jul 10, 2024, 2:28:19 PMJul 10
to topo...@googlegroups.com
Spent some more time on the script and yes indeed the item #10 in the complete CSV is the time the shot was taken. I added a switch to print the splays in the output or not.

I notice the "stat" field, item #16, is sometimes non-zero. I assume this is extra garbage in the data because it does not show up when all of the fields are checked in the Display Mode. Looking carefully, the CSV file has an #ID for the stat = 1, but that ID number is missing in the data display, essentially hidden in Topodroid. I am sure I am missing other corner cases, lol.

Garry
csv_complete2winkarst.pl