Export surveys with splay colors from a device to another

raz...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2023, 2:27:21 AM11/30/23
to topo...@googlegroups.com
Hello all... Hello Marco!

Are they improvement / fixes in the latest versions of TopoDroid? Any chance that the surveys can be exported (*.zip) and keep the splay colors to pass to another device?

Is there this improvement/fix possible in the future?

Thank you!

Răzvan Dumbravă

Marco Corvi

Nov 30, 2023, 2:44:13 AM11/30/23
to topo...@googlegroups.com
splay custom color is a temporary solution to identify some splays within a survey, and does not carry any intrinsic semantics.

therefore, right now shot color is not exported.

raz...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2023, 2:51:08 AM11/30/23
to topo...@googlegroups.com
I understood.

But we made a code of coloring... and it will be very useful to pass the colors also between the members of topo-carto team.

If that can be made, please implement this feature / possibility in the future versions

Thank you!

Răzvan Dumbravă

Marco Corvi

Dec 4, 2023, 1:56:20 AM12/4/23
to topo...@googlegroups.com
i came up with this solution.

custom colors are exported, however the splay  color is imported only if the relevant setting is enabled.

splay-color setting is a geek setting, disabled by default, and regular user should not be affected.

a user with splaycolor enable, and not willing to import the splay colors should remember to switch the setting off before the zip import.

raz...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2023, 7:44:28 PM12/4/23
to topo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you... I've tested like this...

I exported a *.zip with colored splays.
Settings -> Custom Settings -> Splay Data -> Splay coloring: none

I imported the *.zip that I exported.

I reactivated Splay coloring... But no color on splays on the imported survey...

This is what I understood... What am I doing wrong?

Răzvan Dumbravă

Marco Corvi

Dec 5, 2023, 12:23:56 AM12/5/23
to topo...@googlegroups.com
not implemented in v. 6.2.32

raz...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2023, 3:39:48 PM12/5/23
to topo...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, December 4, 2023 at 08:56:20 AM GMT+2, Marco Corvi <marco...@gmail.com> wrote:

i came up with this solution.

custom colors are exported, however the splay  color is imported only if the relevant setting is enabled.

splay-color setting is a geek setting, disabled by default, and regular user should not be affected.

a user with splaycolor enable, and not willing to import the splay colors should remember to switch the setting off before the zip import.

On Tuesday, December 5, 2023 at 07:23:57 AM GMT+2, Marco Corvi <marco...@gmail.com> wrote:

not implemented in v. 6.2.32

Marco... will be this solution implemented in the future versions? Thank you!

Marco Corvi

Dec 6, 2023, 4:13:28 AM12/6/23
to topo...@googlegroups.com
still considering whether there are drawbacks

raz...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2024, 4:35:37 AMApr 28
to topo...@googlegroups.com
Hello all... In the current versions of TopoDroid, there is the option / possibility to import splay custom colors from a survey? (from zip files - from a device to another device)?

Marco... Was it implemented? Some supplementary settings are needed?

Thank you!

Răzvan Dumbravă

Marco Corvi

Apr 29, 2024, 12:31:46 AMApr 29
to topo...@googlegroups.com
should be implemented as described in mail 2023-12-04

raz...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2024, 2:51:47 AMApr 29
to topo...@googlegroups.com
Hello... Thank you for answering...

I tested like this and not worked...

I exported the *.zip file with coloured splay.
I deactivated the splay colors in custom settings (to none)
I imported the zip...

But... no splay colors in imported survey...

Can anyone else test this?

Do I miss anything or something am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Răzvan Dumbravă

raz...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2024, 12:20:45 PMApr 30
to topo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Marco... Sorry for bothering again... Can you test and describe again if this is implemented? We really need to know if we can keep splay colors from a device to another!

I didn't succeded to import a survey with splays coloured!

Thank you again!

Balambér Hakapesz

Apr 30, 2024, 1:23:36 PMApr 30
to topo...@googlegroups.com
There was a little problem with the zip export, but the latest 6.2.63 works fine.
1 New survey - splcolor2
2 Data entry - 0-1 10 20 30, 1- 5 0 0
3 Data modification - splay - More - Color - blue
4 Zip export
5 Data transfer
6 Zip import

B.