Export to a paper-like format

Adam Sampson

Mar 18, 2024, 6:09:37 PMMar 18
to TopoDroid
I'm getting back into survey and am trying to figure out the export capabilities on topodroid again. I'm struggling a bit and hoping for some advice.

I am working on a project that is being managed in Walls with paper-drawn survey. My goal is to do digital survey that is as close to the project flow as possible. But I'm having a hard time finding an output that is clear like a pencil sketch.

I'm close to what I need with pdf export. However, as seen in the attached image, some of the colors are almost invisible on a white background. The yellow and grey are very hard to see. And the lighter colors are also hard.

Is there a workflow or trick to making these work? I tried a pdf converter but it made everything greyscale and light colors were light grey.

Alternatively, I'm looking for advice for people who work with teams that use paper for most of the survey.

Thanks,

Adam Sampson

P.S. We aren't going to re-map 17 miles of cave to use a different method. So for this project I need to be as close to the paper process as I can be.

Screenshot 2024-03-18 180645.png

Marco Corvi

Mar 19, 2024, 6:59:21 AMMar 19
to topo...@googlegroups.com
the problem is the way topodroid "adjust" colors to export pdf.

topodroid background is black.
paper (pdf) background is white.
colors in topodroid need to be adjusted for the white background.

i have revised the function that adjust colors. attach pdf of a sample test.
it will be in the next version 6.2.56

slope-1p.pdf

Adam Sampson

Mar 19, 2024, 4:43:00 PMMar 19