Topicscape Box Not Working

singlark

Jan 5, 2010, 7:05:00 PM1/5/10
to Topicscape
Are there any issues with Windows 7 and Topicscape Box? I just
installed the latest build 12/30/2009. When I click on the Topicscape
Box icon on the desktop, the cursor activity starts but then nothing
happens. The same thing happens if I go to Tools>Topicscape Box, or
while on the Windows Desktop I drop a file icon on the Topicscape Box
icon.

Argey

Jan 5, 2010, 9:18:41 PM1/5/10
to Topicscape
Hi,

We tested Topicscape Box before declaring that Topicscape Pro 2.5 was
compatible with Windows 7. Until your message we knew of no issue
with Topicscape Box.

I have just run Box again in Windows 7, saved some items, removed
them, saved a web page as MHT and as a shortcut - all worked normally,
so we need to find out what is specific to your installation that
causes a problem.

We'll contact you by email for further diagnosis.

Argey

Argey

Jan 8, 2010, 8:13:20 PM1/8/10
to Topicscape
FIXED

The condition causing it was the choice of a root directory (like D:\)
as the destination for the "My Topicscapes" folder. Topicscape should
have no problem using this location, but because of a bug, it was
attempting to use D:\\My Topicscapes. Windows XP adjusted the invalid
double backslash so it caused no problem, but Windows 7 did not.

This has now been corrected, and a new installer is in the usual place
for download. The installer includes a few other minor bug fixes.

Our thanks to @singlark for his helpful feedback that helped us pin
this one down.

Argey

> > icon.- Hide quoted text -

singlark

Jan 8, 2010, 10:49:37 PM1/8/10
to Topicscape
The new bugfix took care of the problem. The Topicscape Box now runs
without a problem when I have the installation put the data folders on
an external drive.

Thanks.

Larry