June Newsletter

1 view

Carol Morgan

Jun 2, 2021, 11:38:31 AM6/2/21
to Topeka Audubon, Carol Morgan
Hello everyone,

Attached is the Topeka Audubon Society Newsletter for June.  Enjoy!  Some of you also receive the newsletter by postal mail and the hard copy will probably be in your mailboxes early next week.

I hope to see some of you on Saturday, June 12, for the monthly bird walk at Shunga/Warren Nature Area.  I will be leading that walk.  We meet at McDonald Field at 8am and walk for about 2 hours.

TAS also has a field trip planned to Echo Cliff, Mission View Cemetery and Skyline Drive in Wabaunsee County on Saturday, June 26 (meet at McDonald's at 21st & Belle at 7am).  We will be carpooling or caravaning.  We haven't had a traditional field trip like this for over a year, so I hope this will be fun for participants.  We often find Acadian Flycatchers at Echo Cliff.  Mission View Cemetery usually has Bewick's Wren.  Skyline Drive through the Flinthills produces many species like Blue Grosbeak, Bell's Vireo and sparrows.  Because of the distance, we probably won't be back to Topeka until 12noon.  Participants can break off and head for home earlier if they have their own transportation.

Have a good, birdy day,
Carol Morgan
TAS Newsletter Editor

--