EasyLanguage translator as a Windows app

Joel Reymont

Jun 18, 2007, 3:09:27 AM6/18/07
to Omega List, top...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

Would the translator be a more interesting proposition as a Windows app?

There doesn't seem to be much interest in the web app at the moment.

Thanks, Joel

--
http://topdog.cc - EasyLanguage to C# translator
http://wagerlabs.com - Blog

Bob R

Jun 18, 2007, 7:26:38 AM6/18/07
to top...@googlegroups.com
A Windows app would be appealing to some people, others wouldn't care.  Best route is to have both a Windows and web app with different pricing/leasing.  Main thing is to get one of them done quickly so traders can get on with conversions into C# for NinjaTrader.  A windows app would appeal to those working offline such as when an internet connection is not available, I.e when traveling, on vacation, etc..  The web ap could be updated quicker, be more current, offer potential users a way to test it before buying, and offer different useage plans. The two plans also offer different levels of security.

Joel Reymont

Jun 18, 2007, 8:21:50 AM6/18/07
to top...@googlegroups.com

On Jun 18, 2007, at 12:26 PM, Bob R wrote:

> Main thing is to get one of them done quickly so traders can get on
> with conversions into C# for NinjaTrader.

The biggest surprise for me so far has been the fact that no one is
inquiring about the translator, prodding me to finish it, asking me
to translate their strategies, etc. Zero interest lately.

I understand that there's a need but it does not appear to be pressing.

I'm now working on the translator part-time, as time allows.

BillB rightedge

Jun 19, 2007, 7:26:43 AM6/19/07
to topdog
Joel,
This is one of the hardest parts of software, in my opinion. When you
build it, they don't come.
I think it's like any other product/project ... you'll need to
continue working on it and working on ways to drum up some interest.
You may also want to figure out ways to partner up where it makes
sense. If the product xlates NT strategies, you may want to work out
a way to get some sort of mention on the NT site. I know when it
works for RightEdge that we'll be happy to direct people your way.
We've discussed having third party products for sale on our site
sometime in the future, this would be a great candidate.

I'd say hang in there, it's way too early.

On Jun 18, 8:21 am, Joel Reymont <joe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 18, 2007, at 12:26 PM, Bob R wrote:
>
> > Main thing is to get one of them done quickly so traders can get on
> > with conversions into C# for NinjaTrader.
>
> The biggest surprise for me so far has been the fact that no one is
> inquiring about the translator, prodding me to finish it, asking me
> to translate their strategies, etc. Zero interest lately.
>
> I understand that there's a need but it does not appear to be pressing.
>
> I'm now working on the translator part-time, as time allows.
>
> Joel
>

> --http://topdog.cc - EasyLanguage to C# translatorhttp://wagerlabs.com - Blog

Joel Reymont

Jun 19, 2007, 7:35:38 AM6/19/07
to top...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Bill! Coming it from another software entrepreneur your
words are most encouraging!

Joel Reymont

Jun 19, 2007, 9:15:26 AM6/19/07
to foolsgold, Omega List, top...@googlegroups.com
I received lots of wonderful feedback over the past couple of days.

The gist of it is that the lack of interest in the translator most
likely has very little to do with the web medium. I'll then focus on
adding functionality to the translator itself and keep it as a web site.

I will offer all concerned parties the option to sign a non-
disclosure contract and send their strategies to me in some encrypted
form, for careful individual translation. This service will
definitely cost extra.

Thanks, Joel