I broke it

BillB rightedge

May 29, 2007, 2:19:13 PM5/29/07
to topdog
I'm not well versed in EL at all, so maybe there's a good reason for
it, but I tried to xlate this and it said there was an error and to
report it, so here I am.

inputs :ATRlength(9),ATRfactor( 2.5),trounup(close),troundow(close),lastpivoth(c),lastpivotl(c),grosuraswing(1),cor(red);

vars :lasthigh(high),
tend(0),lastlow(low),numbars(0),DERIVADA(0),FACTORDEREVERSAO(0),
numbarslast(0),swing(0);

numbars=1+numbars;
FACTORDEREVERSAO=ATRfactor*XAverage(TrueRange,ATRlength)[1];
{ plot2(numbars,"duracao");plot3(amplitud,"Amplitud");PLOT4(DERIVADA,"DERIVADA"); }

IF tend <>1 and trounup > lastlow+FACTORDEREVERSAO THEN
BEGIN
alert(" up");
numbars=numbarslast+1;lasthigh=lastpivoth;
swing=TL_New(date[numbars],time[numbars],low[numbars], Date,
Time, high);
numbarslast=-1;tend=1;PLOT3 (lastlow
+FACTORDEREVERSAO,"QUEBRAACI",black);
END;
IF tend <>-1 AND troundow < lasthigh-FACTORDEREVERSAO THEN
BEGIN
alert(" down");
numbars=numbarslast+1;lastlow=lastpivotl;
swing=TL_New(date[numbars],time[numbars],high[numbars], Date,
Time, low);
numbarslast=-1;tend=-1;PLOT4(lasthigh-
FACTORDEREVERSAO,"QUEBRAAB",black);
END;
if tend=-1 then begin if lastlow > lastpivotl then begin
lastlow=lastpivotl;lasthigh=lastpivoth;
numbarslast=0;
end
else begin
numbarslast=numbarslast+1;end;
end;
if tend= 1 then begin if lasthigh < lastpivoth then begin
lasthigh=lastpivoth; lastlow=lastpivotl;

numbarslast=0; end
else begin numbarslast=numbarslast
+1;end;
end;
if tend=-1 then begin PLOT3 (lastlow+FACTORDEREVERSAO,"QUEBRAACI");
end;
if tend=1 then begin PLOT4(lasthigh-FACTORDEREVERSAO,"QUEBRAAB");
end;

Joel Reymont

May 29, 2007, 2:23:38 PM5/29/07
to top...@googlegroups.com, bi...@yyesoftware.com
Bill,

Thanks for reporting this, I'll take a look at what the issue is and
fix it.

I'll post an update to this thread when I'm ready.

Joel

--
http://topdog.cc - EasyLanguage to C# translator
http://wagerlabs.com - Blog

Joel Reymont

May 29, 2007, 2:34:17 PM5/29/07
to top...@googlegroups.com
Bill,

This strategy won't translate as I have not support for Trend Lines
at the moment (TL_New).

The reason I don't support them is that they are not implemented in
NinjaTrader.

Thanks, Joel

BillB rightedge

May 29, 2007, 2:38:12 PM5/29/07
to topdog
I'm really after the indicator code ... if I remove the TL_New, will
it still be useful?

On May 29, 2:34 pm, Joel Reymont <joe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bill,
>
> This strategy won't translate as I have not support for Trend Lines
> at the moment (TL_New).
>
> The reason I don't support them is that they are not implemented in
> NinjaTrader.
>
> Thanks, Joel
>

> --http://topdog.cc - EasyLanguage to C# translatorhttp://wagerlabs.com - Blog

Joel Reymont

May 29, 2007, 2:44:53 PM5/29/07
to top...@googlegroups.com

On May 29, 2007, at 7:38 PM, BillB rightedge wrote:

> I'm really after the indicator code ... if I remove the TL_New, will
> it still be useful?

I added this strategy to my test suite but if you want to see it
translate correctly you should also (for the moment) replace colors
with numerical values. Replace Black with 0, for the time being.

BillB rightedge

May 29, 2007, 2:47:18 PM5/29/07
to topdog
OK, thanks. I removed the TL_New's and it still bombed, but maybe I
need to pull out the colors as well.

On May 29, 2:44 pm, Joel Reymont <joe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 29, 2007, at 7:38 PM, BillB rightedge wrote:
>

> > I'm really after the indicator code ... if I remove the TL_New, will
> > it still be useful?
>
> I added this strategy to my test suite but if you want to see it
> translate correctly you should also (for the moment) replace colors
> with numerical values. Replace Black with 0, for the time being.
>
> Thanks, Joel
>

> --http://topdog.cc - EasyLanguage to C# translatorhttp://wagerlabs.com - Blog

Joel Reymont

May 29, 2007, 3:10:52 PM5/29/07
to top...@googlegroups.com
This is a silly issue that's easy to fix, the colors that is. I just
need to see what each EL color translates to in NinjaScript. I chose
to focus on other things initially, thus no color.