Possibility of hiding buttons in EDG interface

Ad Reuijl

Jun 20, 2024, 9:23:50 AMJun 20
to TopBraid Suite Users
Dear Holger,

We made an awesome custom environment using Topbraid edg and we used it this quarter to model our ontology in a very easy way (totally semantic and easy to use). The next step is to get our analists to use it (that was the whole reason we build a custom environments with shacl). i was wondering whether it is possible to hide buttons of the edg interface (preferably based on a governance role). so that our analists for example wont have the option to open the source code panel or run modify actions that are not suitable for them.

Happy to hear from you!
regards,
Ad

Holger Knublauch

Jun 20, 2024, 9:50:21 AMJun 20
to 'Luis Enrique Ramos García' via TopBraid Suite Users
Hi Ad,

On 20 Jun 2024, at 3:23 PM, Ad Reuijl <adre...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Holger,

(BTW there are also other people from TQ monitoring this mailing list, so you don't need to target me specifically :) )

We made an awesome custom environment using Topbraid edg and we used it this quarter to model our ontology in a very easy way (totally semantic and easy to use). The next step is to get our analists to use it (that was the whole reason we build a custom environments with shacl). i was wondering whether it is possible to hide buttons of the edg interface (preferably based on a governance role). so that our analists for example wont have the option to open the source code panel or run modify actions that are not suitable for them.

This depends and you may need to be more specific.

For the Source Code panel, I don't see a way to completely hide it. It's enabled by default. If you want to completely disable this or other panels, you would need to submit a feature request, e.g. using the TSM portal.

Admins can however access this page

PastedGraphic-1.png

where you can at least disable editing for certain roles.

On the Modify Actions defined as dash:ModifyAction, you can add dash:jsConditions to specify pre-conditions. You could call teamwork:currentUserHasGovernanceRole in those pre-conditions, e.g. using graph.eval.

Another technique for preventing certain users from making changes would be to make the asset collection "protected" so that all changes must go through workflows. Then, in the workflow template, make it mandatory to validate constraints, and define constraints that check whether there are disallowed changes in the change history of the workflow. This is a bit advanced.

HTH
Holger

Happy to hear from you!
regards,
Ad

Ad

Jun 24, 2024, 12:49:29 AM (13 days ago) Jun 24
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Hi Holger,
Thanks for the swift reply and the pointers. This wil work for now :) maybe we'll send in a request later on.

Regards,
Ad

Op do 20 jun 2024 15:50 schreef Holger Knublauch <hol...@topquadrant.com>:
PastedGraphic-1.png