Core ontology properties

Adam Kimball

Mar 31, 2023, 11:37:17 AM3/31/23
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hi there,

I have a standard set of properties that I decorate my classes and properties with.  It's the usual mix of skos (example, definition, editorialNote) and sometimes a handful of properties that are core the OBO Foundry ontologies (curation status, etc).

Right now, I've accomplished this by attaching properties shapes to owl:Class.  This allows me to get the right properties in my ontology view and even set some requirements like every class needs to have a skos:example.

However, I wonder if there might be side-effects which emerge from this.  If so, what is the recommended approach for curating the shapes of a class / property?

Thanks,
Adam

Holger Knublauch

Mar 31, 2023, 12:16:20 PM3/31/23
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
I cannot think of negative side effects. SHACL is not OWL DL where changing the metaclasses is frowned upon.

Did you have anything in particular in mind?

Holger