Uploading images in EDG workflows

robatki...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2021, 10:04:05 PM8/18/21
to TopBraid Suite Users

Is there any current (or planned) capability to allow upload of an image in a Workflow via an editing form?  Is there a service endpoint available that would perform this?

Couldnt see anything..  or do we need to create a react panel to send to some other service we'd need to create?

Holger Knublauch

Aug 19, 2021, 7:07:52 PM8/19/21
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

I am not aware of such an upload widget. It would need to be somehow configured to know where to send the images to, and then produce a URL (e.g. xsd:anyURI literal). Viewing such images then is of course covered through ImageViewer widgets.

Meanwhile, it would be a 2 step process where your users upload an image to *some* 3rd party URL and then copy and paste the URL into EDG forms. This doesn't sound prohibitively difficult and avoids us having to worry about things like authentication for the upload, and implications for Data Platform and hosted solutions.

Holger

On 2021-08-19 12:04 pm, robatki...@gmail.com wrote:

Is there any current (or planned) capability to allow upload of an image in a Workflow via an editing form?  Is there a service endpoint available that would perform this?

Couldnt see anything..  or do we need to create a react panel to send to some other service we'd need to create?

Rob Atkinson

Aug 19, 2021, 11:06:27 PM8/19/21
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
OK - ta. Thought I'd check before doing anything else.