Iterative SHACL reasoning

瀏覽次數:19 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Steve Ray

未讀,
2023年5月26日 上午9:59:252023/5/26
收件者:TopBraid Suite Users
I note that in the SHACL AF spec (2021) it states, with regard to the use of sh:order:

Note that this algorithm only covers a single "iteration" over all rules, without prescribing the behavior if the same rule needs to be applied multiple times after other rules have fired.

My question is, how does TBC handle rule order during iterative reasoning? Let's suppose I have a set of rules I want to run iteratively to completion, and after that, run a second set of rules iteratively to completion. Back in the SPIN days, I defined "waves" to accomplish this.

Any advice?

Steve

Holger Knublauch

未讀,
2023年5月26日 上午10:06:432023/5/26
收件者:topbrai...@googlegroups.com
The official spec didn't want to go into these details, but the TopBraid iteration will also loop until a fixpoint was reached. Rule order is then used in each round.

In TopBraid EDG, the Inferences panel has a setting to enable this iterative process.

Holger

Any advice?

Steve

Steve Ray

未讀,
2023年5月26日 上午10:12:572023/5/26
收件者:topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the fast response. My question, though, is the following:

Given rules with sh:order of 1,2,3, in an iterative environment, do I get:
(Next iteration marked with /)

1, / 1, / 1, 2, / 1, / 1, 2, 3 / ...

or

1, 2, 3, / 1, 2, 3, / 1, 2, 3...

Steve

Holger Knublauch

未讀,
2023年5月26日 上午10:13:522023/5/26

On 26 May 2023, at 3:12 pm, Steve Ray <st...@steveray.com> wrote:

Thanks for the fast response. My question, though, is the following:

Given rules with sh:order of 1,2,3, in an iterative environment, do I get:
(Next iteration marked with /)

or

1, 2, 3, / 1, 2, 3, / 1, 2, 3...

The latter