Migrating graph change history

Jorrit Dorman

May 14, 2024, 4:07:15 AMMay 14
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hi TopBraid Suite Users,

We are currently in the progress of moving from one EDG instance to another one. I'm currently looking into exporting graphs as a trig and importing them in the new environment. However in this case we will miss the history, workflows and other data in the tch graphs. Is there any way of exporting and importing the tch graph?

Kind regard,
Jorrit

Richard Cyganiak

May 14, 2024, 5:10:04 AMMay 14
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hi Jorrit,

To move an entire EDG instance from one system to another, there is: Server Administration > Backup / Restore. This only works if the new instance has the same database type and EDG version.

To move only selected asset collections from one instance to another, there is: Server Administration > Send Projects to Another Server. You can select the relevant asset collection(s) and their .tch graphs in the Repositories project. The target server's URL will be something like https://my.edg.server/edg/tbl (ending in /tbl). This requires that the source instance can make API calls to the target instance, including authentication. This should always be tested in a staging environment before doing it in production.

Hope that helps,
Richard