Is it possible to impersonate a specific user or governance role?

Jessica Cleary-Kemp

Apr 12, 2024, 10:41:35 AMApr 12
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hi folks. I'm trying to customize a new workflow template in EDG and I'm not sure how to test that it is working correctly since I have the highest permissions. I would like to be able to impersonate a specific user or governance role to see how they will experience the workflow (e.g., do they have access to transitions that they shouldn't?). Is this possible, or is there an easy workaround that doesn't involve actually asking another user to try it?

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged, or for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, disclosure, reliance, or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies, including attachments.

Holger Knublauch

Apr 12, 2024, 10:45:28 AMApr 12
to 'Richard Nagelmaeker' via TopBraid Suite Users
Hi Jessica,

we usually suggest that workflows are tested with TopBraid EDG Studio, and in Studio you can log out as Admin and then re-login as some other (random) user. Do you have access to a Studio instance?

Holger

On 12 Apr 2024, at 4:33 PM, Jessica Cleary-Kemp <jessica...@bold.com> wrote:

Hi folks. I'm trying to customize a new workflow template in EDG and I'm not sure how to test that it is working correctly since I have the highest permissions. I would like to be able to impersonate a specific user or governance role to see how they will experience the workflow (e.g., do they have access to transitions that they shouldn't?). Is this possible, or is there an easy workaround that doesn't involve actually asking another user to try it?

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged, or for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, disclosure, reliance, or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies, including attachments.

Jessica Cleary-Kemp

Apr 12, 2024, 12:19:03 PMApr 12
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Holger! Really appreciate the quick response :) I do have access to Studio, so I will try that and get back to you if I can't figure it out.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "TopBraid Suite Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/topbraid-users/2C8DDEA3-13AA-4FF3-ABB0-00534CEAE4BD%40topquadrant.com.