Instances with multiple Class types

Marie Valadez

May 21, 2024, 12:22:37 PMMay 21
to TopBraid Suite Users
I am probably just overlooking this. I checked the datashapes page and sifted through documentation. Is there a way to default which form is used to define an instance in EDG. We are on 7.8.1. For instance, if an instance is member of ex:Class1 and ex:Class2, I want the form to default to ex:Class2.

Thanks for your help!

Marie

Holger Knublauch

May 21, 2024, 12:32:25 PMMay 21
to 'Luis Enrique Ramos García' via TopBraid Suite Users
Hi Marie,

try adding the triple

ex:Class2 dash:defaultViewForRole dash:all

You may need to enter that triple with the source code editor as it's rarely needed.

A Test is below.

Holger

ex:ClassA
a owl:Class ;
a sh:NodeShape ;
rdfs:label "Class A" ;
rdfs:subClassOf owl:Thing ;
sh:property ex:ClassA-propA ;
.
ex:ClassA-propA
a sh:PropertyShape ;
sh:path ex:propA ;
sh:name "prop A" ;
sh:nodeKind sh:Literal ;
.
ex:ClassB
a owl:Class ;
a sh:NodeShape ;
dash:defaultViewForRole dash:all ;
rdfs:label "Class B" ;
rdfs:subClassOf owl:Thing ;
sh:property ex:ClassB-propB ;
.
ex:ClassB-propB
a sh:PropertyShape ;
sh:path ex:propB ;
sh:name "prop B" ;
sh:nodeKind sh:Literal ;
.
ex:Instance
a ex:ClassA ;
a ex:ClassB ;
rdfs:label "Instance" ;
.

Marie Valadez

May 21, 2024, 1:09:54 PMMay 21
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
That seems to have done the trick. Thank you!