options to add templating code on creation of new ttl file and new resources in TBCME ?

Simon Opper

Sep 11, 2021, 10:45:12 PM9/11/21
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hi there

Is there a mechanism available in TBCME to automate the addition of customised default templating to the annotations of a new ontology and/or resources ?

I want to exploit the vaem and metadata vocabs plus some shacl to inject and transition a set of default dev/test/prod metadata to ontologies and resources.

I'm all ok on the method to do this in EDG. Also cool running inferences (manually) in TBCME.

But it would be great to be able set it up to run on creation of a new file and to  hook it into creation or edit/save actions of new resources in TBCME.

I'm guessing that there is under the hood java and or eclipse processes used currently?

I don't know much about how spin or swa are run within the TBCME desktop itself. Are these an option ?

Any low hanging options here to customise eclipse perhaps ?

Many thanks in advance

Simon

Holger Knublauch

Sep 12, 2021, 2:44:52 AM9/12/21
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Hi Simon,

I just checked this (rather old) code and rediscovered that the available properties are stored (globally) as name-values pairs in TBC's Eclipse preferences. I don't see a way to have this behave differently per class or per file. I don't see any way to customize or automate this further.

On creation of new instances in TBC, the spin:constructors are executed, which theoretically allow users to initialize additional property values, e.g. derived from the given URI.

I am not entirely clear about what you are trying to do but certainly using the EDG UI may give you more options, especially moving forward. In fact I am in the middle of a conversation with other users who may want to take more control of the New dialogs too, e.g. with extra input fields. I think I'll end up adding something similar to dash:ModifyActions but triggered by the New button for 7.1. If you could elaborate a bit on your requirements I can see whether this would help.

Holger