Clarifying dash:MultiViewer

Tomasz Pluskiewicz

Aug 6, 2021, 8:29:12 AM8/6/21
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hello

In exploring the implementation of UI using DASH I noticed a the MultiViewer is a little ambiguous

When it got introduced last year, as a counterpart to MultiEditor, I had assumed that booth mean to render multiple values of a property and noting else.

However, given the definition of dash:DetailsViewer, I notice that it's not so clear. The details viewer is defined to render all properties of a focus node but that does not make it a multi-viewer in the original sense. It does in fact render a single resource (and its subgraph).

Consider a scenario like below

[
  sh:property [
    sh:path ex:foo ;
    dash:viewer ex:MyMultiViewer ;
  ] ;
]

How should a component building the UI using this shape interpret the annotation? Is ex:MyMultiViewer intended to render all objects of ex:foo or every individual?

Best,
Tom

Holger Knublauch

Aug 6, 2021, 8:48:29 PM8/6/21
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

We have four examples of dash:MultiViewer built into the product, and they all render all values of the sh:path property for the context focus node at once. For example, dash:ValueTableViewer http://datashapes.org/forms.html#ValueTableViewer renders a single table component for all values of the focus node. By contrast, SingleViewers would render one widget for each value of the property, typically row by row from top to bottom.

Holger

Tomasz Pluskiewicz

Aug 7, 2021, 4:56:10 AM8/7/21
to TopBraid Suite Users
Ok, thank you for clarifying.

Somehow I thought that DetailsViewer was also a multi viewer but that is not the case apparently.