duplicated superclasses with lcc ontology

Luis Enrique Ramos García

May 11, 2023, 3:56:23 AM5/11/23
to TopBraid Suite Users
Dear All,

I realized when I upload the lcc ontology (OMG), and importing all their dependencies, in some cases superclass definitions are duplicated, as shown in tb_1.png, I can remove the additional definitions, but in large ontologies it would e a time consuming task.

The result I would expect is like the one shown in tb_2.png, where I imported the same ontology, with all its dependencies, but definitions are not duplicated.

Is there a way to solve this?

Best regards

Luis Ramos.

tb_2.png
tb_1.png

Holger Knublauch

May 11, 2023, 5:31:49 AM5/11/23
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
In general, the owl:Restrictions that you are seeing are represented as blank nodes. Such blank nodes get a different identity each time that a Turtle file is loaded. So if the same Turtle file gets imported more than once, it can happen that such restrictions and other blank node structures get duplicated.

Such scenarios can happen when you have a scenario such as

<local copy of namespace X with different base URI>
    owl:imports
<some file from the web>
owl:imports
<namespace X from the web>

Could you send a screenshot of the Imports view with all levels of imports expanded? Then I can see which graphs you have and probably where the duplicates are coming from.

Holger

<tb_2.png><tb_1.png>