Create custom "Add to Asset List"

Marie Valadez

Apr 9, 2024, 5:55:17 PMApr 9
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hello!

I was wondering if there was a way to create a custom action that is similar to "Add to Asset List" but instead of only adding the concept selected it would add all it's descendants connected through the "skos:broader" property. I am assuming it is either a ModifyAction or ExploreAction but not entirely sure how to add it to an Asset List.

Thank you!

Marie Valadez

Holger Knublauch

Apr 10, 2024, 4:48:19 AMApr 10
to 'Richard Nagelmaeker' via TopBraid Suite Users
Hi Marie,

This is a more complicating requirement than what normal ExploreActions can do. The content of the Asset Lists is not stored on the server, but using browser localStorage only.
As a result, the action needs to execute in the browser (client) while dash:ExploreActions use ADS which is executing server-side.

While it is possible to create such plugins for the browser, the process is more involved and I would recommend doing this through professional services by TQ staff. Let me know if you want to proceed with that, I guess off-list.

Regards,
Holger

Marie Valadez

Apr 10, 2024, 12:02:32 PMApr 10
to TopBraid Suite Users
I rummaged through documentation on TopBraid EDG and found one that does for descendants that are skos concepts. When does this show up as an option in the dropdown? There isn't much of a description on the documentation page. https://archive.topquadrant.com/doc/7.8/reference/ContextMenu_AddToAssetListWithDescendants.html#contextmenu-addtoassetlistwithdescendants

Holger Knublauch

Apr 10, 2024, 12:47:00 PMApr 10
to 'Richard Nagelmaeker' via TopBraid Suite Users
The only precondition that I can see is that the selected asset needs to be instance of skos:Concept

Holger

Marie Valadez

Apr 10, 2024, 9:59:48 PMApr 10
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Ah I finally found it. Thank you.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "TopBraid Suite Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/topbraid-users/3509121C-D0F4-4D9D-8E73-168749A21E76%40topquadrant.com.