crosswalk spreadsheet upload

Julia S.

Dec 5, 2022, 6:03:33 AM12/5/22
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hi, I am trying to upload crosswalks using spreadsheets.

This works perfectly fine using two reference data sets (with primary keys).
However not at all when I try to crosswalk from i.e. data graph to ontology.

I guess my question is this: Can I set a primary key in a data graph and/or ontology.
I played around with the property panel to see if I could simply add it there and the "derive missing classes" options, but have not been successful so far.

Holger Knublauch

Dec 5, 2022, 6:25:14 AM12/5/22
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julia,

I checked the source code and this importer indeed requires a primary key declaration using dash:uriStart at the source and target classes of the crosswalk. You can in principle add such primary key declarations to any class (using Ontologies). However, as you can see from

there are additional assumptions on the URIs of the instances of such classes. So for example if you have a Data Graph and add a primary key constraint then all instances need to start with the provided uriStart and also declare a value for the primary key property. Unless all your instances have been created using that pattern, this is unlikely and would break the mapping. I assume if you want to map from a Data Graph to an Ontology, you mean classes, and classes cannot really have a primary key as this would require adding a dash:uriStart to rdfs:Class and that would break existing classes.

TopBraid supports various other means of importing spreadsheets that are more flexible than the above importer. If you have some basic JavaScript experience, see

as a technique to define arbitrary importers.

Does this help?

Holger

Julia S.

Dec 5, 2022, 7:20:01 AM12/5/22
to TopBraid Suite Users
Thanks for the speedy response.

This did indeed clear things up a bit. I will have a look at the provided documentation.

Julia