Different GraphQL text search behaviors across EDG instances

Fan Li

Nov 20, 2022, 11:13:04 PM11/20/22
to TopBraid Suite Users
I have a data graph of countries in which I can run text search via the following simple GraphQL query:

      {
        countries(where: { labels: { contains: "united"}}, orderBy: label) {
          uri
          label
        }
      }

However, when I published the graph to the Explorer instance, the same query returned no result. If I remove the "where" clause, I can get all the countries in the response. I wonder what might have contributed to the different behaviors.

Both EDG instances are 7.2.4. Thanks!

Holger Knublauch

Nov 21, 2022, 3:54:54 AM11/21/22
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fan Li,

the contains queries in this case would be handled by the Lucene index, for performance reasons.

So after publishing to Explorer, please make sure the Lucene index has been rebuild on the admin page, using the Text Indices link and then Rebuild the teamwork index.

Please let us know if this has made a difference.

Holger

Fan Li

Nov 21, 2022, 7:34:20 AM11/21/22
to TopBraid Suite Users
Thanks, Holger! Rebuilding the index solved the problem.