SHACL validation against a Dataset

Davan CHIEM DAO

Jun 12, 2024, 9:24:25 AMJun 12
to TopBraid Suite Users
[SHACL API]

Hi,
I am researching how different SHACL engines perform validation on a RDF dataset.
My main question is: 'Is it possible to specify the whole dataset as "data graph"?'

I already tried a few things without much success, the closest I got to what I what to achieve is:

ValidationEngine validationEngine = new ValidationEngineFactory().create(dataSet, shapesUri, shapesGraph, null);
Resource report = validationEngine.validateAll(); However, this only performs validation against the default graph and some constraints such as sh:property are not checked.

Thanks,
Chiem Dao Davan

Holger Knublauch

Jun 12, 2024, 9:27:59 AMJun 12
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chiem Dao Davan,

validation only works with Models and Graphs, not on whole Datasets. However, you can construct a single Model that is the union of all graphs when you create a MultiUnion graph from all graphs in the dataset, then wrap the MultiUnion into a Model using ModelFactory.

HTH
Holger