Re: [topbraid-users] Invalid Object Message

Holger Knublauch

Apr 26, 2023, 4:50:34 AM4/26/23
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
The GraphQL schema is generated from the Ontologies that are used by the asset collections. Not all classes from the Ontologies are exposed as fields in the GraphQL schema, as this would produce too large schemas. So we are hand-picking which classes get converted, depending on the asset collection type. For example, for Taxonomies, classes like skos:Concept and ConceptScheme can be queried. In your scenario it seems that the classes Organization and IncidentPositionCodeAndTitle are not part of the generated schema. Speculating that your asset collections may be Data Graphs, make sure that the Ontologies that defined these classes are included (owl:imported) into the data graphs, *and* that the ontology declares the classes that you want to query using the property graphql:publicClass. You can select those on the GraphQL Schema view of the "Home" asset. For example this is done for the Schema.org example Ontology as follows

PastedGraphic-1.png

Maybe these pointers help. I would need more details to help further, esp the asset collection type and which Ontologies are involved.

Holger

On 25 Apr 2023, at 6:59 pm, 'GaBriella Branson' via TopBraid Suite Users <topbrai...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hello TQ!

I have a user trying to query some info in Explorer and we are running into some issues. Per my user:

I am working on getting two datasets extracted out of Explorer and I am having a few issues. The datasets are organizations and position codes and titles. I am querying the same way as fuel models and am using the query generated from the GraphiQL interface. When running the query programmatically, I am getting an error saying the query is calling an invalid object and saying ‘organizations’ and ‘incidentPositionCodeAndTitles’ are invalid. I am not getting the issue when testing inside of the GraphiQL environment. I am not sure what the issue could be and can use some guidance from you – I have attached a few screenshots so you can see what I am seeing.

<image1.png><image2.png>Thanks in advance! Any ideas you have would be appreciated.

<image1.png><image2.png>

Branson, GaBriella C

Apr 26, 2023, 12:22:21 PM4/26/23
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Holger. I dug into the TQ documentation and found the same answer you provided here. It just took me some time to look over the error message and have it finally dawn on me what I needed to search for in the documentation. It is always nice when the pro confirms I was looking in the right place.

As it turned out even after I confirmed our classes were listed as Public we were still getting the error. After a little more troubleshooting we discovered we were using the wrong graph ID in the query URL.

I had tried to delete my thread after we figured out our problem – thanks for taking the time to answer.

GaBriella Branson

Interagency Wildland Fire - Knowledge Manager