QUDT Updates

Matt Goldberg

Sep 21, 2022, 8:41:56 AM9/21/22
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hello-

We have a desire to stay up to date with QUDT releases. This was accomplished by simply pushing the release as a files in a project from Studio/Composer to EDG. As of 7.3, you include QUDT 2.1 as a dependency. Therefore, we cannot simply copy a new release as that would result in multiple files with the same base URI.

A couple questions to help figure out the best way to move forward from here:
  1. How often, if at all, do you intend to update QUDT 2.1 to a more recent release?
  2. Would it be safe for me to replace the version of QUDT packaged with EDG with a more recent version like I had been doing previously? Would that break anything?
  3. If the above is safe, was there anything you modified from the release aside from the facade graph that would need modifying in updating to future releases in order for everything to work correctly in EDG?
Thanks!

Matt Goldberg

Oct 17, 2022, 3:29:25 PM10/17/22
to TopBraid Suite Users
I just wanted to bump this since there hasn't been any replies yet.

Thanks!

Ralph Hodgson

Oct 17, 2022, 4:25:22 PM10/17/22
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

We are considering the best way to have external ontology updates that can be done by customers. In the meantime you can indeed replace vocabularies and schemas.

I’ve also responded in-line.

Ralph

On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 8:41:56 AM UTC-4 Matt Goldberg wrote:
Hello-

We have a desire to stay up to date with QUDT releases. This was accomplished by simply pushing the release as a files in a project from Studio/Composer to EDG. As of 7.3, you include QUDT 2.1 as a dependency. Therefore, we cannot simply copy a new release as that would result in multiple files with the same base URI.

A couple questions to help figure out the best way to move forward from here:
  1. How often, if at all, do you intend to update QUDT 2.1 to a more recent release?
Every time we make a point release such as 7.4 and 7.5. Until external mechanisms can be invoked.

  1. Would it be safe for me to replace the version of QUDT packaged with EDG with a more recent version like I had been doing previously? Would that break anything?
Yes it will be safe to replace the appropriate files in:

  1. If the above is safe, was there anything you modified from the release aside from the facade graph that would need modifying in updating to future releases in order for everything to work correctly in EDG?

Check that the facade graph resolves to the QUDT SHACL schema:

a owl:Ontology ;
rdfs:comment "Facade graph for single place to redirect QUDT schema imports. Note that currently, the functions import uses SPIN and OWL.";
rdfs:label "QUDT SCHEMA Facade graph - v2.1.18" ;
.

The current point revision of QUDT is v2.1.20.

Thanks!

Matt Goldberg

Oct 18, 2022, 1:53:17 PM10/18/22
to TopBraid Suite Users
Sounds great! I'd be interested in having an automated way to update to the latest release, but a per EDG minor release or manually will definitely work in the meantime. Thanks!