Extra Class in ETL Graph

Tim Smith

Aug 9, 2022, 4:09:09 PM8/9/22
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Using EDG 7.3, I see there is an extra class in the <http://edg.topbraid.solutions/1.0/schema/technical-assets/ETL> graph.  It is a misspelling of "ETLJob".  The URI is <http://edg.topbraid.solutions/model/ELTjob>.

Tim

image.png
image.png

Ralph Hodgson

Aug 9, 2022, 5:15:21 PM8/9/22
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Tim

It’s not a misspelling. An ELT Job is one that does transformations after the load as opposed to before. It might be an unnecessary distinction but when it was introduced in EDG some years ago, there was evidence that people were making these distinctions.

Sent from my iPhone

Tim Smith

Aug 9, 2022, 9:00:20 PM8/9/22
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the explanation.  That makes sense.  I thought perhaps it was a mistake given there was a good description for ETL but no description for ELT

Tim

image.png
image.png