Commercial extensions of the SPIN API

Eric Leao

Mar 18, 2024, 8:44:29 AMMar 18
to TopBraid Suite Users
Good morning. My name is Eric and I am an undergraduate student at PUC-RJ. I'm doing a research that uses a SPIN script to define an ontology for fine-tuning of relational databases. For this, I was using TOPBraid, and I was able to run the inferences correctly, however, when I used the API (https://www.topbraid.org/spin/api/) to generate the inferences, it was not possible to generate them all, since some parts of the script contain spif functions, such as the split function. Therefore, would it be possible for me to have access to these functions for research purposes? From what I understand, SPIN has been discontinued, so I would like to know if it would be possible to have access to the commercial extension of the API for academic purposes.

Holger Knublauch

Mar 18, 2024, 8:46:33 AMMar 18
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

sorry, we do not have such a bundle and have no further plans to continue SPIN development. For the missing functions, I am afraid the only solution would be for you to implement them yourself, as the code is mixed with our product code base.

Regards,
Holger