www.sparqlmotion.org

Julia S.

Apr 30, 2024, 8:13:48 AMApr 30
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hi everyone,

I was looking into slm. Several websites refer (tutorials and learning material) to www.sparqlmotion.org, which appears to be no longer active.
Does anyone know whether I am simply using the wrong link?

Thanks

Holger Knublauch

Apr 30, 2024, 8:18:19 AMApr 30
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julia

SPARQLMotion is no longer supported except that some modules can still be used within SWP scripts. So most documentation about it is at least outdated. What particular topics were you interested in?

Holger

Sent from my iPhone

On 30.04.2024, at 14:13, Julia S. <julis...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I was looking into slm. Several websites refer (tutorials and learning material) to www.sparqlmotion.org, which appears to be no longer active.
Does anyone know whether I am simply using the wrong link?

Thanks

Julia S.

May 3, 2024, 3:16:58 AMMay 3
to TopBraid Suite Users

Hi,

we were seing some unexpected behavior of our external validation workflow (https://edg-in-depth.topquadrant.com/workflows/workflow_templates/external_service_action_workflow.html includes some parameters) and wanted to understand the customization behind it better to debug.

We were particularly interested in sml:PostRequest and the parameters it allows. In the beginning we assumed the response of our external validation service is not fast enough. We were hoping for a timeout/wait parameter before going to "retry".
Adding a bunch of logs we found out that the accept Status Code from our external validation service was not included in sml:acceptStatusCode.  We could not find documentation on that.
In the meantime we managed to include this Status Code and the workflow now runs as expected.

To be clear the issue was not the workflow, or the customization behind it, but an unexpected accept status code.

Holger Knublauch

May 3, 2024, 3:31:44 AMMay 3
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julia,

ok thanks for the background. Note that with version 8.0 onwards, the SWP-based workflow customization actions are no longer supported. They had been deprecated since version 7.5:
  • Change: TBS-4854: Workflow templates now support a new mechanism to implement side effects of workflow transitions.
    See the class teamwork:WorkflowStatusScript as the starting point.
    We have marked the previous mechanisms teamwork:WorkflowAction/teamwork:stateEntryAction,
    teamwork:CommitRules and teamwork:StatusChangeRules as deprecated and plan to remove their support
    in a future release. Please migrate your customized workflows to the new architecture and
    let TopQuadrant know if you have concerns about this deprecation.

Moving forward I would recommend using workflow status scripts which are written in JavaScript using the ADS API, which includes a function IO.http to make web service requests very similar to sml:PostRequest. We are yet to update the documentation page that you have linked to.

Thanks,
Holger