Case sensitivity in SHACL

Scott Henninger

Aug 30, 2021, 6:08:35 PM8/30/21
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hello topbraid-users group'

I've been looking for a way in SHACL to case-sensitive matching, for example in sh:in or sh:hasValue.  It it possible to to do this and if so, how?

Thanks!
-- Scot

Holger Knublauch

Aug 30, 2021, 7:06:19 PM8/30/21
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Hello Scott,

sh:in and sh:hasValue do exact RDF term matching and would not cover ignore-case matching. For that you would need to use SHACL-SPARQL, e.g. by defining a constraint component with a property ex:hasValueIgnoreCase. There you could also add logic to ignore the @lang tag or similar.

Regards
Holger

Scott Henninger

Sep 2, 2021, 10:50:18 PM9/2/21
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick response, Holger.  I suspect other problems with my shape definition that got me turned around. I appreciate the clarification (and hopefully we can upgrade some day tp use SHACL-SPARQ).

Thanks!
-- Scott